Thread: 03/21/13 - Sound Academy - Toronto, ON

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 Default 03/21/13 - Sound Academy - Toronto, ON 

By popular demand, Coheed and Cambria have added four dates to their spring tour!

The new Montreal and Toronto dates will feature A Place To Bury Strangers and Mockingbird, Wish Me Luck as openers.

Tickets are available through the band's official website.

2. #2 Default  
    Bought tickets the first day they became available. Super excited to go to The Sound Academy again!
    05.19.2010 - 10.29.2010 - 04.27.2011 - 09.20.2012 - 02.08.2013 - 03.21.2013

3. #3 Default  
    Also super excited! I always like Sound Academy. Unfortunately I won't have a vehicle to get there so my friend and I are gonna make a trip out of it, stay in a hotel for a couple nights and hang out in Toronto. I'm curious, are there any buses that go near there? I've only ever driven to Sound Academy before.

4. #4 Default  
    Yes, this will be my second time seeing them at SA as well. Just looked up the bands as I've never heard of them and I am not impressed. Mockingbird has their own music video they made for youtube (and granted they are a starter band who is trying to get some attention) which only has like ten people standing to see them play. Guitarist tries to do a guitar throw, it gets stuck on his back, so he pulls it back. He made it look ok, but it was pretty funny to watch while the other guitar player picks like he's playing the old operation board game. Their band members even start calling out fights against commenters on youtube. I'm thinking this isn't going to be as interesting of an opening as when I watched Circa Survive bring in Coheed, but Coheed usually delivers a solid near-2 hour set, so I'll hang out at the back until they hit the stage. Can't wait to see Josh back on drums.

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilyawen View Post
    Also super excited! I always like Sound Academy. Unfortunately I won't have a vehicle to get there so my friend and I are gonna make a trip out of it, stay in a hotel for a couple nights and hang out in Toronto. I'm curious, are there any buses that go near there? I've only ever driven to Sound Academy before.
    As far as I know, there's a bus that goes right there from Union :) I will probably be taking it as well! If I go... god I need money

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibeth View Post
    As far as I know, there's a bus that goes right there from Union :) I will probably be taking it as well! If I go... god I need money
    If I can swing it, I may be able to help you out with a ticket. Give me a week or two.

7. #7 Default  
    Good ol' Docks..erm Sound Academy. Potential to be cold/windy as balls, bundle up!

8. #8 Default  

I was going to ask the same question as Rilyawen, glad you answered and I hope it's true.

This will be my first time taking the bus or the train to The Sound Academy because I don't have anyone who is willing to drive to Toronto lol. I am really excited they added a Toronto show since I couldn't get tickets for the last show.
    I believe it's time for me to be famous
    and out of place.

9. #9 Default  
    That's relief! Let's just hope I'm competent enough to figure out Toronto transit to get there! Haha I'll take a cab back to the hotel though, no way I'm doing that shit at night! Are there cabs that sit outside the venue after the show at all I wonder....

Yeah I checked out the openers too. Not too keen on them myself, but that's okay. I find I rarely like opening bands for Coheed anyways. But their set makes it all worth it and it's always nice to check out live music you wouldn't normally listen to.

10. #10 Default  
    There will be PLENTY of cabs, no worries. It's cab city

11. #11 Default  
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9....$23.50 :P

12. #12 Default  
    Anyone from Kitchener/Waterloo area driving into Toronto for the show (with room for 1 extra)??

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by crockenrocker View Post
    Anyone from Kitchener/Waterloo area driving into Toronto for the show (with room for 1 extra)??

If I was driving I would totally help you out, but I don't drive. It would make things 100% better.

I just bought my ticket the other day, I am stoked! I cannot wait to go :)

ETA- Does anyone know how late either the trains or the greyhound run until? I wont be able to afford a hotel for the night and I really don't want to be stuck in Toronto for the night with nothing and no one else around( because I will be obviously going alone ) I just want to make sure I am able to get back to Cambridge after the show... Any idea's?
    Last edited by beautymyth; 02-05-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    and out of place.

14. #14 Default  
    Go bus/trains run until 1-2am depending on where you're going, so you should be fine. Not sure about greyhound

15. #15 Default  
    Go bus/trains run until 1-2am depending on where you're going, so you should be fine. Not sure about greyhound

Ah perfect, I will have to check. I'll just be coming home to Cambridge
    and out of place.

16. #16 Default  
    Oh sweet mercy, see you all there!

17. #17 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundWounds View Post
    Oh sweet mercy, see you all there!
    YESSSSSSSS

18. #18 Default  
    After the Fillmore, I'm pretty geeked for a nice smaller venue (not that I didn't love Detroiiiit!) Just...Sound Academy feels more like dem stompin' grounds!
    The Docks (9/11/05), Vans Warped Tour Barrie (11/8/07), Kool Haus (29/10/07), Sound Academy (31/5/08), London Music Hall (27/10/10), Kool Haus (27/4/11), Virgin Mobile Mod Club (20/9/12), The Fillmore Detroit (8/2/13), Sound Academy (21/3/13)
    "I enjoy NWFT." "I am a fencer."

19. #19 Default  
    Officially coming to this one now, woo. So excited :)

20. #20 Default  
    Officially coming to this one now, woo. So excited :)

Yay!! This show cannot come soon enough!! My life always feels more complete when I have a Coheed and Cambria show to look forward to!!

21. #21 Default  
    End of tour too! Anything neat gonna go down? Or are the guys just gonna go "OMFG A WEEK OFF WOO AUSTRALIA!"
    The Docks (9/11/05), Vans Warped Tour Barrie (11/8/07), Kool Haus (29/10/07), Sound Academy (31/5/08), London Music Hall (27/10/10), Kool Haus (27/4/11), Virgin Mobile Mod Club (20/9/12), The Fillmore Detroit (8/2/13), Sound Academy (21/3/13)

22. #22 Default  
    Whats the capacity of Sound Academy? I am so stoked for this show. I haven't been on this kind of a Coheed binge since right before GA1 came out. This'll be my first time seeing them.

23. #23 Default  
    3,230 occupants over 13,240 square feet (1,230 m2) of floor space. COPY PASTA!

24. #24 Default  
    In case anyone is interested, this concert is part of Toronto's Musical Festival week. You can get a wristband for $60 to get into any of the hundreds shows going on that week :)
    I'm going to a show the night before, so it's the cheaper option for me. Since I'm a slacker and haven't bought my ticket yet

25. #25 Default  
    In case anyone is interested, this concert is part of Toronto's Musical Festival week. You can get a wristband for $60 to get into any of the hundreds shows going on that week :)
    I'm going to a show the night before, so it's the cheaper option for me. Since I'm a slacker and haven't bought my ticket yet
    Lolwhut? Good to know, but gah, that would've made an awesome plan post Coheed haha...Coheed then find some late night show!

26. #26 Default  
    Double Post, but since i bought my tix on the pre-sale like a dummy, I am stuck with Will Call Only (thanks Crowd Surge!)

Anyone else have Will Call Only from Crowd Surge, I was curious how to work that with a VIP pass holder? I grabbed tix for my friends too, but I want to obviously get my acoustic song on before hand, it'd be stupid to think that both parties have to give up places in line just to get their tix, hope nobody'd be mad at two of em waiting in their spots while I relay the tickets back lol.

They are now doing Ticketmaster tix which is a tad annoying,

27. #27 Default  
    Does anyone know of a specific way to get from the KW area to Toronto in time for this show?
    Unfortunately my friend's car broke and it was our ride.
    So we've got three tickets but no way to get there. D:

Any details appreciated.

28. #28 Default  
    Just a quick question if someone could answer it.

Last time I saw Coheed, we had the tickets shipped to us and just waited in line outside for a bit before getting in and just had the tix checked at the door.
    With the Will Call/Box Office Collection, do I just do what I did last time, go to the lineup, get to the door, then hand the printout e-mail I received, show ID and they provide the tix right there at the door, or is there going to be some sort of separate lineup at the Sound Academy? Never did it this way before, and don't want to get there only to not get my tickets lol. Figured I'd ask here and get a quicker response than contacting CrowdSurge first.

Also, I agree that it is annoying that tickets are now sold and shipped (I believe) by ticketmaster and I need to go there and print off this page to get in.

29. #29 Default  
    I'm in KW as well. I'm just going to take a Go bus to Union and bus from there. You guys staying the night? I think show will go too late to get a bus/train back to KW so you might have to find a place to stay.

30. #30 Default  
    sry double post
    Last edited by crockenrocker; 03-19-2013 at 09:54 AM.

31. #31 Default  
    So on a whim i bought a ticket to this show... just throwing this out there n such; i have a vip pass.. if anyone has a green +1 vip pass thingy can tag along with me if they like to get in maybe even chill.
    "When all the good dies in the world...What would evil then have to fight, but themselfs"

32. #32 Default  
    "So on a whim i bought a ticket to this show... just throwing this out there n such; i have a vip pass.. if anyone has a green +1 vip pass thingy can tag along with me if they like to get in maybe even chill. "

I'd totally be down. But I just have a regular GA ticket haha

33. #33 Default  
    AHHH!! Day after tomorrow!! So pumped!! Glad I didn't get those will call tickets, I had no idea how those worked so I just waited for the general sale tickets. I'm assuming you guys are right and you just line up and pick up your tickets at the front with ID and receipt. Wonder how the VIP line works... They probably separate the line like 20 or 30 minutes before the doors open right? I'm excited but anxious. Does Sound Academy have a coat check? I've never been to a show in the winter before!! Does anyone know how much it will cost?

I think at this point it is too late to get a sticky VIP pass but that was awesome to offer to someone! I got a sticky for my friend! The VIP pass holder had to purchase it through the website.

34. #34 Default  
    A little clarification on will call tickets:

For the Mod Club show, my wife and I were near the front of the line (like, 2 people from the front), and when they started letting people in, they had 2 people checking tickets. One would check the people who already had their tickets, and the other person would give you your will call tickets (after checking ID) and let you in. We were still were like the 3rd and 4th people let in, it was a very quick process. So what I'm assuming, if you have a VIP pass, that you will be let in with the VIPs and then the process I described will happen again.

Either way, I'm getting there pretty early, around 3 or so, and I will be hanging out (hopefully) in the front of the line. Can't wait for this show. It'll probably be my last for a little while, as I'm moving back to the states in the summer and joining the Air Force. Hoping for a summer tour to hold me over until I get everything squared away. Hope to see you guys there, and have some fun. Buncle up, it'll be a cold one :(

35. #35 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpenKingpin View Post
    A little clarification on will call tickets:

For the Mod Club show, my wife and I were near the front of the line (like, 2 people from the front), and when they started letting people in, they had 2 people checking tickets. One would check the people who already had their tickets, and the other person would give you your will call tickets (after checking ID) and let you in. We were still were like the 3rd and 4th people let in, it was a very quick process. So what I'm assuming, if you have a VIP pass, that you will be let in with the VIPs and then the process I described will happen again.
    Thanks for your input on that, I was at the Mod Club show but I was a little late so I missed the opening, didn't see how that went. See you all there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast