Thread: 03/06/13 - Jannus Live - St. Petersburg, FL

1. #1 Default 03/06/13 - Jannus Live - St. Petersburg, FL 

In addition to announcing February 5, 2013 as the release date for The Afterman: Descension, Coheed have released details on a winter tour with Between The Buried And Me and Russian Circles!

Visit CoheedandCambria.com for more info, or click here to view their full press release.

Feb 04 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 05 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 07 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
    Feb 08 2013 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
    Feb 09 2013 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre

Feb 10 2013 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

Feb 12 2013 - Des Moines, IA - Val Air Ballroom

Feb 14 2013 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
    Feb 15 2013 - Salt Lake City, UT - SaltAir
    Feb 17 2013 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
    Feb 18 2013 - Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre

Feb 19 2013 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo

Feb 21 2013 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theater
    Feb 22 2013 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
    Feb 25 2013 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
    Feb 26 2013 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
    Feb 27 2013 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theatre
    Mar 01 2013 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s
    Mar 02 2013 - Houston, TX - Bayou Music Center
    Mar 03 2013 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
    Mar 05 2013 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
    Mar 06 2013 - Saint Petersburg, FL - Jannus Live
    Mar 07 2013 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House of Blues
    Mar 08 2013 - Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore
    Mar 10 2013 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore Charlotte
    Mar 11 2013 - Philadelphia, PA — Electric Factory
    Mar 14 2013 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
    Mar 16 2013 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall*

A presale for tickets will begin Tuesday, November 6th via their Cinderblock store. General ticket onsale begins Friday, November 9th.

Discuss your show here!

2. #2 Default  
    Going for the c&c double dip

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    Going for the c&c double dip
    Same here, Jannus then House of Blues.

4. #4 Default  
    Cant wait for this show... this thread needs more posts.. c'mon Fl peeps
    IRO-Bot will never die
    Afterman order:16262

5. #5 Default  
    I'm going, got my VIP badge ready. I'm going back with my sister that weekend to Charlotte, NC so I'm gonna see if going to that show might be a possibility as well.

Speaking of the VIP badge, where could I get a holder to keep it in so I don't run the risk of damaging it?

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drained Keywork View Post
    I'm going, got my VIP badge ready. I'm going back with my sister that weekend to Charlotte, NC so I'm gonna see if going to that show might be a possibility as well.

Speaking of the VIP badge, where could I get a holder to keep it in so I don't run the risk of damaging it?
    use a ziplock baggy
    IRO-Bot will never die

7. #7 Default  
    Gonna be my first coheed concert then my second the next day in Orlando, can't wait. Hopefully I can't get my tattoo by then

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonca View Post
    Gonna be my first coheed concert then my second the next day in Orlando, can't wait. Hopefully I can't get my tattoo by then

This will be my 4th Coheed show, and second at janus... going to be a chilly night outside this week... but its going to be hott in their for sure.. can wait.. 2 more days!!
    IRO-Bot will never die

9. #9 Default  
    Going to be in the 50's tonite; yikes. There's going to be steam coming off the crowd!

10. #10 Default  
    Yo, don't forget this message. I copied this from Jannus Live's FB page

Doors for Wednesday's Coheed and Cambria show have changed from 7pm to 6pm! For those of you who bought VIP packages including early entry doors are at 5:30pm

http://www.facebook.com/jannuslive/p...52624730155608
    "Come follow me, the one who writes, to the end of days through the dark and light.
    Your veil makes hidden their world unseen, but their blood is yours as their god you be." - Ten Speed

11. #11 Default  
    Great show last night. Liked Russian Circles. Didn't care that much for BTBAM, but I can't deny that they brought a great energy to their performance. Just the screaming got to a point I couldn't understand the singer, technically though they were very talented.

Onto the Coheed portion. Simply put it was as amazing as the last time I saw them during the SSTB NE tour back in '11. Coheed NEVER disappoints when it comes to live shows. Loved all the extra All-Mother interludes and just took the experience to another level. Made it up to the rail before Coheed went on thanks to the moshing so I had a prime spot in front of Zach. Was a shame that one guy started throwing bows and caused Claudio to cut the last third of Vic off and go onto Evagria. You could tell that it affected his performance for a couple songs. Hadn't heard Crowing or In Keeping Secrets.. live so that was quite amazing to hear for the first time. Was great being surrounding by other die-hard Coheed fans who just got into the show as much as I did. Really spoke to the belief that Coheed fans are like a family. Afterwards I hung by the bus, met one of the girls who got hit by the guy fighting. They were really cool peeps and my first friends I made at a Coheed show so that was a plus. Highlight though was meeting Travis and getting a pic and autograph. Last night definitely took the spot as the best concert experience I've had.

12. #12 Default  
    Can anyone provide more details on what happened with that fight? I saw the video but it was pretty far away, it was really just claudio yelling and kicking the kids out.
    Your ignorance has robbed you, of the man you could of been. I wouldn't change a thing about you. I love you dearly, my friend
    8/26/09. 5/21/10. 4/26/11. 3/11/13. 3/12/13. 10/20/13.

13. #13 Default  
    I talked to two of the girls who were hit by this guy. Apparently he started going crazy, I think he was trying to get a pit going or just went crazy. He pulled these two girls apart who were linked at the elbow and almost dislocated their shoulders. He hit some girl in the nose who's head then snapped back and hit another girl right around her eye. He just kept throwing punches and shit. Security started noticing but just went over to watch, one guy got to a higher point to see what was going on. This all happened towards the end of "The Crowing" and continued into "Vic". Finally security got in there and was working on pulling the guy out, but it was just taking so long. The band kept playing hoping it would just blow over, but the continuing inaction of security got to a point where Claudio told the band to stop. When we were by the bus and meeting Travis he said he didn't really see what was going on, but Zach and Claudio did. Jannus security was sucky the whole night, right from the get-go before they let us VIP people in they were doing a piss-poor job at dividing the crowd into VIP holders and regular ticket holders.

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheed Or Die View Post
    Can anyone provide more details on what happened with that fight? I saw the video but it was pretty far away, it was really just claudio yelling and kicking the kids out.
    thats just about all that took place, Claudio was pissed the fuck off thats for sure... it was crazy seeing him so angry... but he did the right thing... he was responsable in that regard..i give prop to him for doing what he did... Vic was bad ass live, and this made it even more so... (not the fight but claudio standing up for the guy that was getting beat up)
    IRO-Bot will never die

15. #15 Default  
    That's some bullshit. Hope that guy spends a few nights in jail and gets his own head snapped back.

Hate that shit.
    5/27/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/28/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/2/11 - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 5/7/12 - Track 29, Chattanooga, TN; 5/12/12 - Bigou Theater, Knoxville, TN; 12/4/12 - Marathon Music Works, Nashville, TN; 2/4/13 930 Club, Washington, DC; 2/14/13 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 3/5/13 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA; 8/16/13 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

16. #16 Default  
    I was there for neverender and the venue was great but the people there sucked. I've never had a bad experience at a show except for that one. That was one reason I didn't go, the other was that it was way too cold. I also heard from a girl I met at the Orlando show that the set list was the same.

17. #17 Default  
    Did they literally stop playing and yell at the guy? Or just pointing fingers or something while continuing the show? That's some crazy shit

18. #18 Default  
    From what I've heard, they stopped playing to yell at him. I'd have done more than that, might have clocked him with a guitar or two.
    5/27/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/28/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/2/11 - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 5/7/12 - Track 29, Chattanooga, TN; 5/12/12 - Bigou Theater, Knoxville, TN; 12/4/12 - Marathon Music Works, Nashville, TN; 2/4/13 930 Club, Washington, DC; 2/14/13 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 3/5/13 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA; 8/16/13 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

19. #19 Default  
    Found a great video of it happening. Skip to 330 if you don't wanna listen to the epic Vic in top quality!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYELDnkly4

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlr1016 View Post
    Found a great video of it happening. Skip to 330 if you don't wanna listen to the epic Vic in top quality!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYELDnkly4
    Anyone else notice that the audio track keeps going after Claudio gets upset? I guess that decided to use pre-recorded audio to harmonize as opposed to harmonizing as a band this tour or what?
    "Behind everyone's facade is a story of his or her own. So treat others with the upmost respect, a positive attitude, and how you would want to be treated, even if you feel like they may not deserve it." ~Alexander David Delor, August 18th 1993 - September 22nd, 2011.

21. #21 Default  
    I thought the same thing but I'm pretty sure that's Travis and Zach singing