Thread: 02/25/13 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA

1. #1 Default 02/25/13 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA 

In addition to announcing February 5, 2013 as the release date for The Afterman: Descension, Coheed have released details on a winter tour with Between The Buried And Me and Russian Circles!

Visit CoheedandCambria.com for more info, or click here to view their full press release.

Feb 04 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 05 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 07 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
    Feb 08 2013 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
    Feb 09 2013 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre

Feb 10 2013 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

Feb 12 2013 - Des Moines, IA - Val Air Ballroom

Feb 14 2013 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
    Feb 15 2013 - Salt Lake City, UT - SaltAir
    Feb 17 2013 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
    Feb 18 2013 - Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre

Feb 19 2013 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo

Feb 21 2013 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theater
    Feb 22 2013 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
    Feb 25 2013 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
    Feb 26 2013 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
    Feb 27 2013 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theatre
    Mar 01 2013 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s
    Mar 02 2013 - Houston, TX - Bayou Music Center
    Mar 03 2013 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
    Mar 05 2013 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
    Mar 06 2013 - Saint Petersburg, FL - Jannus Live
    Mar 07 2013 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House of Blues
    Mar 08 2013 - Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore
    Mar 10 2013 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore Charlotte
    Mar 11 2013 - Philadelphia, PA — Electric Factory
    Mar 14 2013 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
    Mar 16 2013 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall*

A presale for tickets will begin Tuesday, November 6th via their Cinderblock store. General ticket onsale begins Friday, November 9th.

Discuss your show here!

2. #2 Default  
    I'll be there! The 3 day gap between LA and this makes me think they might be coming to Vegas too, like they did two years ago.
    Wiltern Theater CA 8-12-10, Zia Records NV 8-13-10, The Joint NV 8-13-10, In The Venue UT 5-03-11, House Of Blues CA 5-10-11, Club Nokia CA 5-11-11, Knitting Factory NV 8-02-12, Troubadour CA 10-4-12, Fingerprints Music CA 10-05-12, Wiltern Theater CA 2-22-13, House of Blues CA 2-25-13, House of Blues NV 9-03-13, Riverside Municipal Auditorium CA 9-05-14, Wiltern Theater CA 9-06-14, Fox Theater CA 9-07-14, The Complex UT 9-12-14

3. #3 Default  
    ^Nice you're going to both shows as well!! I barely got mine because of the server space not being able to handle so many people.

4. #4 Default  
    I'm flying to San Diego from the Bay Area to see this show with my brother. We both have the preentry pass from the Afterman box set. I freely admit to being highly jazzed about attending this event.

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecro View Post
    I'm flying to San Diego from the Bay Area to see this show with my brother. We both have the preentry pass from the Afterman box set. I freely admit to being highly jazzed about attending this event.
    Are you going to the LA show as well?

6. #6 Default  
    I wish I were, but I can't miss that many days of work (I'll already have to miss two to catch the show in San Diego). My brother and I had actually discussed doing a road trip: going to the San Francisco show, which is relatively close to where I live; the LA show; and the San Diego show, which is close to where my brother lives. Alas, once again I must choose career over music.

How about you? Will you attend both the LA and the San Diego shows? I am rather pleased that Coheed will be playing at the House of Blues. I saw Opeth there many years ago, and the sound was pretty decent--superior to that of several other San Diego venues, anyway.

7. #7 Default  
    I'm attending both shows thankfully. LA is on Friday so I probably won't have school, and the SD show, I'll miss one day probably. Not a big deal. But during their SSTB Neverender tour two years ago, they played at the House of Blues in San Diego. It's definitely more intimate for the HoB, and I really enjoyed it.

8. #8 Default  
    It's very cool that you get to catch Coheed more than once this time around. Do you have the early entry pass from The Afterman box set?

I saw Coheed during their SSTB Neverender tour as well. They played at the Fox Theater Oakland. It was quite a show.

9. #9 Default  
    Of course I have the pass! My name is about half way through on the first column of people as "Angel Vazquez." I was able to watch them 3 times this year so I'm really happy. SSTB Neverender was amazing, and everyone showed signs of improvement because they were playing standard pitch until encore and it was almost a flawless performance.

10. #10 Default  
    im planning on going... i need to buy tickets asap

11. #11 Default  
    Panicked today and bought a couple tickets for me and the girlfriend today. I wonder when this show will sell out.
    Also ordered the Sticky pass and hopefully it'll be in the mail before I go home on leave in a couple weeks.

Really excited for this show. First 'Heed show since 2008 at the Saltair in Salt Lake.

12. #12 Default  
    Ordered my tickets finally! I'm so esscited :DDDDD

13. #13 Default  
    I got my ticket! Plus my laminate! Just gotta see if anyone wants to be my 'guest' and come along! :)
    |..|~don't change your heart
    cuz baby you've got me
    here with the last word
    to fall out your mouth~|..|

14. #14 Default  
    I have one floor GA ticket available (actual ticket in my hand) for the HOB show in San Diego on sunday the 25th.
    First $50. Takes it and I'll mail it immediately. I'm in Portland and am not going to be able to make it to that show. Had an LA ticket but that sold today.
    The floor sold out a while ago and now the whole show Is sold out.
    Hit me up richtesta@yahoo.com or call/ text me 360-921-0067.
    Fence for LIFE!!
    -Rich

15. #15 Default  
    How early are you guys expecting to be in line?
    Doors are at 6 according to the HOB site. I'm thinking I'll be there by 3-4-5ish?
    I'll probably wander around downtown for a couple hours. Maybe I'll run into some of the guys.

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Days Last View Post
    How early are you guys expecting to be in line?
    Doors are at 6 according to the HOB site. I'm thinking I'll be there by 3-4-5ish?
    I'll probably wander around downtown for a couple hours. Maybe I'll run into some of the guys.
    I'm going at about 4...

17. #17 Default  
    Hi folks. I have the pre-entry pass from buying the deluxe version of Afterman and I was wondering how I go about using it? Is there a different line or something? When do the doors open for folks with the pre-entry pass?

Also, does anybody know the schedule for the show? When do the specific bands go on?

Thanks

18. #18 Default  
    Same set as the last few nights, but Travis played a song for VIP's.
    Wiltern Theater CA 8-12-10, Zia Records NV 8-13-10, The Joint NV 8-13-10, In The Venue UT 5-03-11, House Of Blues CA 5-10-11, Club Nokia CA 5-11-11, Knitting Factory NV 8-02-12, Troubadour CA 10-4-12, Fingerprints Music CA 10-05-12, Wiltern Theater CA 2-22-13, House of Blues CA 2-25-13, House of Blues NV 9-03-13, Riverside Municipal Auditorium CA 9-05-14, Wiltern Theater CA 9-06-14, Fox Theater CA 9-07-14, The Complex UT 9-12-14

19. #19 Default  
    It was a decent show. Not to start a flame war or put down the band in any way... but it felt like a little bit of a recovery show from their LA gig. Little bit less energy. But it's Coheed so it was still a kickass performance.

20. #20 Default  
    Kind of pissed that they only played 2 songs from descension! Number city, gravity's union live? My head would have blown up! I'm at lease thankful that they played evagria, but everything was a blur after that due to my GF feeding me beer after beer.
    Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops