Thread: 02/15/13 - SaltAir - Salt Lake City, UT

1. #1 Default 02/15/13 - SaltAir - Salt Lake City, UT 

In addition to announcing February 5, 2013 as the release date for The Afterman: Descension, Coheed have released details on a winter tour with Between The Buried And Me and Russian Circles!

Visit CoheedandCambria.com for more info, or click here to view their full press release.

Feb 04 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 05 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 07 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
    Feb 08 2013 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
    Feb 09 2013 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre

Feb 10 2013 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

Feb 12 2013 - Des Moines, IA - Val Air Ballroom

Feb 14 2013 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
    Feb 15 2013 - Salt Lake City, UT - SaltAir
    Feb 17 2013 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
    Feb 18 2013 - Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre

Feb 19 2013 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo

Feb 21 2013 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theater
    Feb 22 2013 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
    Feb 25 2013 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
    Feb 26 2013 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
    Feb 27 2013 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theatre
    Mar 01 2013 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s
    Mar 02 2013 - Houston, TX - Bayou Music Center
    Mar 03 2013 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
    Mar 05 2013 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
    Mar 06 2013 - Saint Petersburg, FL - Jannus Live
    Mar 07 2013 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House of Blues
    Mar 08 2013 - Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore
    Mar 10 2013 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore Charlotte
    Mar 11 2013 - Philadelphia, PA — Electric Factory
    Mar 14 2013 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
    Mar 16 2013 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall*

A presale for tickets will begin Tuesday, November 6th via their Cinderblock store. General ticket onsale begins Friday, November 9th.

Discuss your show here!

2. #2 Default  
    Do we know what time we can get in with our Early Entry VIP passes from the Deluxe Box Set? I can't wait for the show.

3. #3 Default  
    When they came to In The Venue during the Neverender: SSTB tour, the VIP pass was a complete joke. X96 had some radio contest where a bunch of people went in to meet the band, so they all got in first, then about an hour later, the people VIP passes were able to get in, but there were so many people there from the X96 shit, that I didn't even get a decent spot. So hopefully things go more smoothly this time around. I'd expect we'd be getting in about 6:00 or 6:30, but Saltair is notorious for never opening the doors on time.

4. #4 Default  
    Well hell if we're gonna be waiting for the doors to open, might as well let in the VIP people and hang out with Coheed. What is the point of having a VIP pass and waiting outside when we can go in at any time. The band doesn't even have to be ready just let us in!!!!!! I always go to a show 3-5 hours early depending on the crowd and I WAIT. Now I have the VIP pass. If we're supposed to be let in at 6 then let us in. Why sit outside for another 20-30 minutes. During that time we could getting stuff signed and running it back to the car or just hanging with the band. SHOW SOME LOVE TO THE VIP's, WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FENCE!!!!!!! (It says so in the box set)

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodSendCoheed View Post
    When they came to In The Venue during the Neverender: SSTB tour, the VIP pass was a complete joke. X96 had some radio contest where a bunch of people went in to meet the band, so they all got in first, then about an hour later, the people VIP passes were able to get in, but there were so many people there from the X96 shit, that I didn't even get a decent spot. So hopefully things go more smoothly this time around. I'd expect we'd be getting in about 6:00 or 6:30, but Saltair is notorious for never opening the doors on time.
    I got to the venue about 5 hours before the SSTB show. We were the second group in line, and the group in front of us had saved spots for all of their friends. I ended up pushed way back in line. It doesn't sound like X96 is doing anything special this year, just passes to get in, so hopefully that doesn't happen again, but I'm thinking of skipping out on the VIP stuff this time. I don't want to ruin my autographed pass. :)

6. #6 Default  
    I showed up about 3 and a half hours before doors for SSTB and we ended up on the rail. I was mad about the X96 guys though. Coheed sent out an email last week saying VIP holders should be there 30 minutes before doors. I am also worried about ruining the signatures on my pass. I'm going to put it in a ziplock bag and hope that works.

7. #7 Default  
    Anyone know of any good bars in the Magna area worth checking out before or after the show?

8. #8 Default  
    Does anyone know what they are selling at the Merch Booth's other than concert tshirts/hoodies? LIke any vinyl's or novel's? Thanks!
    "Behind everyone's facade is a story of his or her own. So treat others with the upmost respect, a positive attitude, and how you would want to be treated, even if you feel like they may not deserve it." ~Alexander David Delor, August 18th 1993 - September 22nd, 2011.

9. #9 Default  
    I'm just pumped to get in there and lose it. Been waiting a long time for Coheed to come to SLC!

10. #10 Default  
    Does anyone happen to have a sticky I could buy off them?

11. #11 Default  
    what time should the VIP people be there?!?

12. #12 Default  
    6:00 at latest http://www.thesaltair.com/shows-and-events/ says the doors open at 6:30

13. #13 Default  
    Does anyone need a ticket? I have an extra that I'd be willing to sell for cheap.

14. #14 Default  
    Awesome show last night! Thanks to the guys from California who let my wife and I jump in line after getting our tickets in the VIP Willcall line. You guys were cool to talk to. A group of four of us waited for about an hour after the show hoping Claudio and company would come out for pictures a stuff but it never happened. Oh well, we'll hopefully meet em next time. I've never seen Saltair so full. Coheed was amazing!

15. #15 Default  
    Yes! Best show I've seen since Neverender for sure.
    7/7/07-Salt Lake City, Utah, at Warped Tour 11/07/07-Magna, Utah, Saltair. 3/08/08- Greywhale acoustic show/signing, w/Linking Park. 7/25/08- Poolside @ Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada. 11/05/08-11/08/08 Neverender Los Angeles 05/10/10-Magna, Utah, Saltair 05/03/11 Neverender SSTB: @ In the Venue, Salt Lake City, Utah

16. #16 Default  
    Great show everyone! the crowd was awesome! I walked past the line and up to the bar around 5:45. The guards called for VIP and I walked around the top and grabbed an amazing spot on the second floor. Amazing!

Russian Circles is fucking awesome. BTBAM is not my thing.

17. #17 Default  
    Yeah I agree. Russian Circles was a lot of fun but I was really bored with BTBAM. I just couldn't get into them.
    At some point the day will end.

18. #18 Default  
    The show was wild for sure. It was so easy to lose yourself with Coheed! Yeah Russian Circles was pretty chill, but BTBAM was just...anti-enjoyment for me.