Thread: 02/09/13 - Congress Theatre - Chicago, IL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 83
  1. #1 Default 02/09/13 - Congress Theatre - Chicago, IL 
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    1,264



    In addition to announcing February 5, 2013 as the release date for The Afterman: Descension, Coheed have released details on a winter tour with Between The Buried And Me and Russian Circles!

    Visit CoheedandCambria.com for more info, or click here to view their full press release.

    Feb 04 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 05 2013 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Feb 07 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
    Feb 08 2013 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
    Feb 09 2013 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre

    Feb 10 2013 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

    Feb 12 2013 - Des Moines, IA - Val Air Ballroom

    Feb 14 2013 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
    Feb 15 2013 - Salt Lake City, UT - SaltAir
    Feb 17 2013 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
    Feb 18 2013 - Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre

    Feb 19 2013 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo

    Feb 21 2013 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theater
    Feb 22 2013 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
    Feb 25 2013 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
    Feb 26 2013 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
    Feb 27 2013 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theatre
    Mar 01 2013 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s
    Mar 02 2013 - Houston, TX - Bayou Music Center
    Mar 03 2013 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
    Mar 05 2013 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
    Mar 06 2013 - Saint Petersburg, FL - Jannus Live
    Mar 07 2013 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House of Blues
    Mar 08 2013 - Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore
    Mar 10 2013 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore Charlotte
    Mar 11 2013 - Philadelphia, PA — Electric Factory
    Mar 14 2013 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
    Mar 16 2013 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall*

    A presale for tickets will begin Tuesday, November 6th via their Cinderblock store. General ticket onsale begins Friday, November 9th.



    Discuss your show here!
    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    25
    Just got my ticket!
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    357
    Got my presale tickets when they went up. And decided it was time to figure out my Coheed concert history and put it in my signature. This will be my 14th Coheed concert, and I am fucking pumped.
    10/6/14 - Louisville (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 10/5/14 - Chicago (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 11/2/13 - San Antonio | 10/25/13 - Milwaukee | 2/9/13 - Chicago | 10/20/12 - Madison | 9/15/12 - Chicago (Riot Fest) | 5/11/12 - Urbana | 5/8/12 - Bloomington | 4/30/11 - Chicago (Neverender SSTB) | 10/28-30/08 - Chicago (Neverender) | 11/2/07 - Chicago | 8/5/06 - Chicago (Lollapalooza) | 5/10/06 - Chicago | 12/18/05 - Chicago (Q101 Twisted12) | 7/3/05 - Chicago (1st Evening With Coheed and Cambria)
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wadsworth, Ohio, United States
    Age
    29
    Posts
    187
    ticket purchased, driving from Cleveland to Detroit then Chitown!
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Elkhart, IN
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,195
    I'll be seeing you guys at the show, I can't wait!
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    23
    Posts
    192
    Gotta rush there after class :X it should be fine. got mah ticket yesterday!
    Great, now i have to wait til my 2113th post to feel cool again :(

    GA1, IKSSE, A:A, SSTB, NWFT, YOTBR.
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    266
    I hope the live sound is better this time. Something tells me The Congress never has good sound, but I guess we'll see. It was kind of shitty on the Black Rainbow tour. That being said, I'm still super excited to see them again :)
    2 Jul. 2008 (Milwaukee, WI) / 13 May 2010 (Minneapolis, MN) / 14 May 2010 (Chicago, IL) / 23 Aug. 2010 (St. Louis, MO) / 10 Oct. 2010 (Milwaukee, WI) / 30 Aug. 2011 (Chicago, IL) / 11 May 2012 (Urbana, IL) / 20 Oct. 2012 (Madison, WI) / 09 Feb. 2013 (Chicago, IL)
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by italia009 View Post
    I hope the live sound is better this time. Something tells me The Congress never has good sound, but I guess we'll see. It was kind of shitty on the Black Rainbow tour. That being said, I'm still super excited to see them again :)
    Yeah their sounds is iffy sometimes, i think it has something to do with the acuostics of the Venue of how they mix it, also buying my ticket this week, so excited. Missed them down south but come the dragonfly's i am going to this show.
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    4
    Hey. I have four tickets to the Chicago show that I am giving away for free. I have to spend the week of the show in Manchester so I am not able to go. The tickets are in my name but I have confirmation that I can change them to a new name to be picked up at will call. Shoot me a tweet @mattwilhoit on why you should be the winner of the tickets. Winner gets all four tickets. I will send out a tweet on Christmas announcing the winner. I will forward the winner the receipt confirming that the tickets are now in their name and they will be available at will call. Also, I am giving away two tickets to the Detroit show. Bad timing on my trip but could not turn down spending a week with Manchester United. Want to make sure that the tickets go to fans and not resellers.
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Iufan View Post
    Hey. I have four tickets to the Chicago show that I am giving away for free. I have to spend the week of the show in Manchester so I am not able to go. The tickets are in my name but I have confirmation that I can change them to a new name to be picked up at will call. Shoot me a tweet @mattwilhoit on why you should be the winner of the tickets. Winner gets all four tickets. I will send out a tweet on Christmas announcing the winner. I will forward the winner the receipt confirming that the tickets are now in their name and they will be available at will call. Also, I am giving away two tickets to the Detroit show. Bad timing on my trip but could not turn down spending a week with Manchester United. Want to make sure that the tickets go to fans and not resellers.
    Tweeted you, apparently a few days late but here's hoping. Turns out we're both Hoosiers (Class of 2012 and incredibly depressed to not be in Bloomington anymore haha). GIMME DEM TICKETS (Please)
    10/6/14 - Louisville (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 10/5/14 - Chicago (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 11/2/13 - San Antonio | 10/25/13 - Milwaukee | 2/9/13 - Chicago | 10/20/12 - Madison | 9/15/12 - Chicago (Riot Fest) | 5/11/12 - Urbana | 5/8/12 - Bloomington | 4/30/11 - Chicago (Neverender SSTB) | 10/28-30/08 - Chicago (Neverender) | 11/2/07 - Chicago | 8/5/06 - Chicago (Lollapalooza) | 5/10/06 - Chicago | 12/18/05 - Chicago (Q101 Twisted12) | 7/3/05 - Chicago (1st Evening With Coheed and Cambria)
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    29
    I scored the 4 tickets mentioned above! I'll be there Chicago! This will be my 10th Coheed show and I just as excited for this one as I was for my first. I'm not looking forward to waiting in line out in the cold though. Never been to a winter show before.
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    eh its not to, too bad, but gratz on getting those tickets, i was wondering if it was legit or not lol. In any case bought mine yesterday, its gunna be my 4th coheed show, and the second one at the Congress. so excited to see them again
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #13 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    357
    Guys, this is a sad sad day for me, but I have to miss the show. It pains me to even type it, but if anybody needs 2 tickets PM me - I'll probably just sell them at face value.
    10/6/14 - Louisville (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 10/5/14 - Chicago (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 11/2/13 - San Antonio | 10/25/13 - Milwaukee | 2/9/13 - Chicago | 10/20/12 - Madison | 9/15/12 - Chicago (Riot Fest) | 5/11/12 - Urbana | 5/8/12 - Bloomington | 4/30/11 - Chicago (Neverender SSTB) | 10/28-30/08 - Chicago (Neverender) | 11/2/07 - Chicago | 8/5/06 - Chicago (Lollapalooza) | 5/10/06 - Chicago | 12/18/05 - Chicago (Q101 Twisted12) | 7/3/05 - Chicago (1st Evening With Coheed and Cambria)
    Reply With Quote  

  14. #14 Default  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    27
    got my tickets the day they went on sale :)
    Reply With Quote  

  15. #15 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTiger View Post
    got my tickets the day they went on sale :)
    your in bloomington? and your driving to Chi town? damn long drive dude i feel sorry for ya, did you go to the St. Louis show for A:A?
    Reply With Quote  

  16. #16 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    25
    So excited for this show, driving from Indy to see it. Problem is I have a VIP pass for me and the VIP sticker for my friend, but now a third friend has finally been able to get the resources together to go. Is there anyone here from Indy or going to the Chicago show that could help me out? I will gladly pay to borrow a VIP pass or buy another sticker VIP pass if someone is going in alone. Please just send me a PM if there is any interest and I will be more than happy to do whatever it takes to iron out the details!
    Reply With Quote  

  17. #17 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    really if your worried about your friend being alone a long time you usually only get let in 15-30 min earlier than everyone else so it wouldnt be to long of a wait
    Reply With Quote  

  18. #18 Default  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter1200 View Post
    your in bloomington? and your driving to Chi town? damn long drive dude i feel sorry for ya, did you go to the St. Louis show for A:A?
    unfortunately, i was too damn broke to get tickets for that show. as for the drive, it's all good though. i'm originally from northwest indiana and i still have friends and family out there, so it's not like i'm not used to the distance.
    Reply With Quote  

  19. #19 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTiger View Post
    unfortunately, i was too damn broke to get tickets for that show. as for the drive, it's all good though. i'm originally from northwest indiana and i still have friends and family out there, so it's not like i'm not used to the distance.
    Its alright man i was too, plus it was a long drive from up here, and ahh makes sense your probably a pro by now at longer drives.
    Reply With Quote  

  20. #20 Default  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Currently Jackson, MI)
    Age
    24
    Posts
    276
    Glad my brother's got a place downtown, just looked up the train ticket prices... Fuck $80 per ticket one way on Sunday. Looks like I'm staying in Chi-town til monday haha.
    12/17/2006 Detroit (89x Stole Christmas) - 11/1/2007 Detroit - 8/21/2009 Detroit (W/ Heaven & Hell) - 5/5/2011 Seattle (SSTB Tour) - 9/16/2012 Chicago (Riot Fest) - 10/18/12 Fort Wayne - 2/8/13 Detroit - 2/9/13 Chicago
    Reply With Quote  

  21. #21 Default  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter1200 View Post
    Its alright man i was too, plus it was a long drive from up here, and ahh makes sense your probably a pro by now at longer drives.
    It probably helps that my husband does the driving while i just sing along in the car ;p

    also, i'm reading all these really horrible reviews about the congress, i don't mind if it's a dump but i really don't want to be molested by security. has anyone been there before than can put my mind at ease?
    Reply With Quote  

  22. #22 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    28
    Posts
    398
    Does anyone know if we're able to use the backstage pass things that came with the Deluxe Edition at this show? I think it was for the previous tour, but since they were delayed, they hadn't even been shipped until after they came to Chicago.
    Reply With Quote  

  23. #23 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTiger View Post
    It probably helps that my husband does the driving while i just sing along in the car ;p

    also, i'm reading all these really horrible reviews about the congress, i don't mind if it's a dump but i really don't want to be molested by security. has anyone been there before than can put my mind at ease?
    Really i have never had a bad experience at the Congress and i have been there with a local band (very few knew of them) and i had no issues, hell even went backstage to get equipment to pack up and still had no issues, its an okay place. And i really wouldnt describe it as a dump. Its an old theater with most of the plaster intact on the walls, honestly to me it suits coheed perfectly. i love seeing them there, YOBR was an awesome tour and show. But the main thing i would have to worry about if i were you coming from down south is watch the area. It is gang territory im pretty sure, the kings or whomever else is a Hispanic gang. Other than that you should be fine, just make sure you follow the buddy system.

    Edit: thinking about it the vocals mix could be a little better but that could have been a number of things they cant control, either way im sticking to my guns and saying that it is an awesome venue to see Coheed
    Last edited by headhunter1200; 01-27-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Reply With Quote  

  24. #24 Default  
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Age
    28
    Posts
    21
    I've never been to the theater, but I've gone to house shows practically next door to the Congress. It doesn't seem like that bad of a neighborhood (nicer than my neighborhood in Milwaukee as far as I could tell). I saw a punk show nearby while Wu-Tang played the Congress. I didn't feel unsafe at all, but some Wu-Tang members did blow a huge cloud of blunt smoke at me from their SUV in the alley behind the theater.
    Reply With Quote  

  25. #25 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    25
    Posts
    22
    Going with my boyfriend! This will be my second show. Ordered his VIP Sticky Pass last Thursday, so fingers crossed that it gets here before the 9th!
    The one they call the vision that bears the gift.
    May 8th, 2012 Bluebird Nightclub Bloomington, IN//February 9th, 2013 Congress Theatre Chicago, IL
    Reply With Quote  

  26. #26 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    266
    The Congress had really shitty sound on the Black Rainbow tour (with Circa and Torche). I've heard it does not always have shitty sound, but I'm still skeptical.
    2 Jul. 2008 (Milwaukee, WI) / 13 May 2010 (Minneapolis, MN) / 14 May 2010 (Chicago, IL) / 23 Aug. 2010 (St. Louis, MO) / 10 Oct. 2010 (Milwaukee, WI) / 30 Aug. 2011 (Chicago, IL) / 11 May 2012 (Urbana, IL) / 20 Oct. 2012 (Madison, WI) / 09 Feb. 2013 (Chicago, IL)
    Reply With Quote  

  27. #27 Default  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter1200 View Post
    Really i have never had a bad experience at the Congress and i have been there with a local band (very few knew of them) and i had no issues, hell even went backstage to get equipment to pack up and still had no issues, its an okay place. And i really wouldnt describe it as a dump. Its an old theater with most of the plaster intact on the walls, honestly to me it suits coheed perfectly. i love seeing them there, YOBR was an awesome tour and show. But the main thing i would have to worry about if i were you coming from down south is watch the area. It is gang territory im pretty sure, the kings or whomever else is a Hispanic gang. Other than that you should be fine, just make sure you follow the buddy system.

    Edit: thinking about it the vocals mix could be a little better but that could have been a number of things they cant control, either way im sticking to my guns and saying that it is an awesome venue to see Coheed
    haha my husband is a burly fucker, and we both grew up in the ghetto (my house growing up switched between gangster desciples territory and latin kings a couple of times) so i think we'll be ok. thank you for making me feel better.
    Reply With Quote  

  28. #28 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by italia009 View Post
    The Congress had really shitty sound on the Black Rainbow tour (with Circa and Torche). I've heard it does not always have shitty sound, but I'm still skeptical.
    Really could have been the sound man not getting a feeling for the acoustics and such, like i said to me on Black rainbow it seemed like Claudio's mic was way to low. Other than that the guitars were clear and so was the Drum set, i just hope it is better this time.
    And no problem Tiger, it seems like you have things covered lol
    Reply With Quote  

  29. #29 Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    16
    Just found out that I can go to this show! Going with someone who went to the Fort Wayne, IN -Piere's concert on the Ascension Tour. Which was awesome. Technically Claudio was sick (this was before they rescheduled the shows) and I have to say, it was the best concert I've ever been too. A) 1st time seeing Coheed B) I was in the second row the entire show, and C) Coheed gave their all, knowing they might be too sick to continue the tour the next day and they sounded great. Hopefully they bring that intensity to Chicago. Can't wait and BTdubs, the new album is phenomenal.
    Reply With Quote  

  30. #30 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18
    Peeped the setlist from the DC show and I'm extra excited for this show!!!!!
    Reply With Quote  

  31. #31 Default  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    357
    Eh, IMO the setlist from last night is kinda boring/expected. Still pumped for the show, just a little disappointed.
    10/6/14 - Louisville (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 10/5/14 - Chicago (Neverender IKSSE:3) | 11/2/13 - San Antonio | 10/25/13 - Milwaukee | 2/9/13 - Chicago | 10/20/12 - Madison | 9/15/12 - Chicago (Riot Fest) | 5/11/12 - Urbana | 5/8/12 - Bloomington | 4/30/11 - Chicago (Neverender SSTB) | 10/28-30/08 - Chicago (Neverender) | 11/2/07 - Chicago | 8/5/06 - Chicago (Lollapalooza) | 5/10/06 - Chicago | 12/18/05 - Chicago (Q101 Twisted12) | 7/3/05 - Chicago (1st Evening With Coheed and Cambria)
    Reply With Quote  

  32. #32 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wadsworth, Ohio, United States
    Age
    29
    Posts
    187
    So it turns out I am going to have an extra ticket for this show. Is anybody in need of another? PM me.
    Reply With Quote  

  33. #33 Default  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    278
    Does anyone know they deal with the VIP stickies? Are they supposed to have them at the show to pick up or what?
    Reply With Quote  

  34. #34 Default  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3
    Going to the Congress Theatre show, so pumped, 4 more days!!!
    Reply With Quote  

  35. #35 Default  
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8
    4 1/2 shows here... 4th in the last show in less than 9 months can't wait...see you guys there!
    8/26/13 The Pageant - St. Louis, MO | 2/9/13 Congress Theater - Chicago, IL | 12/2/12 Pop's - Sauget, IL | 9/15/12 Riot Fest - Chicago, IL | 5/11/12 Canopy Club - Urbana, IL | 6/6/10 Point Fest - St. Louis, MO
    Reply With Quote  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •