Thread: "My Brother's Blood Machine" - Anniversary Thread

1. #1 Default "My Brother's Blood Machine" - Anniversary Thread 

On Halloween of 2006, Claudio's musical project The Prize Fighter Inferno introduced My Brother's Blood Machine, a first full-length album. Blood Machine runs the melodic spectrum from solemn acoustic ballads to cheerful electronica, each track united with the next by a remarkably macabre storyline narrated by a former character of the Amory Wars. This eclectic and intriguing endeavor was immediately embraced by many Coheed fans in search of an alternate glimpse into Claudio's songwriting and storytelling.

Discuss this here!

2. #2 Default  
    So much love for this album. Ranks above NWFT and YOBR in my books, but obviously the comparison is fairly pointless and null!

Sheer awesome, the rawness of this album is like 70% of it's charm for me.
    Mocked in perpetual lotion

3. #3 Default  
    rzm61 is offline Does anybody know a way a body could get away?
    Can't believe it's already been 6 years, but what a great way to celebrate.
    The Half Measures EP is now up on Cinderblock!
    \"....over and out captain....\"

4. #4 Default  
    Damn I love this album. I hope he someday does another full length. And I would love to see him someday do some Prize Fighter shows.

5. #5 Default  
    I hope they do another live PFI song in the next tour, or at least 1 with the VIP passes.

6. #6 Default  
    I remember when this album came out was around the same time I discovered all the old Shabutie tracks. It was like friggin' Christmas! I love the PFI stuff front to back. My favorite track is easily 78...that line "last chance piggy there's nobody in here" is so badass! My other favorites are Margaretville & Gunner Recall.

I'd love to see another full length as well, with a studio version of Rosie Barber. I sing/play that song for my son all the time. Pure genius.

Happy Birthday to an album with more character than 99% of all the other music out there!
    ...so then I said, "Good Apollo? More like GREAT Apollo!"

7. #7 Default  
    For me there is so much of a nostalgic feeling to this album especially on the electronic heavy tracks. There's just something about those melodies that tells me that Claudio was a massive gamer in the 8 or 16 bit era days because hearing those synth lines in "A death in the family" big me way back to being about 5 years old in the middle of December sitting on my living room floor with a SNES controller in my hand and just not realizing the hours fly by.

8. #8 Default  
    There's nothing I can say about this album that hasn't been said. It means a lot to me emotionally and historically. I only wish it were on vinyl.
    "Fuck you, Hershey's."- Claudio

9. #9 Default  
    What I loved about "My Brother's Blood Machine" is that here, Claudio really shines in his ability to tell a completely darkened yet still satisfying story!