Thread: No World For Tomorrow: Anniversary Thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 Default No World For Tomorrow: Anniversary Thread 

Today, Coheed and Cambria's fourth album No World for Tomorrow celebrates another victorious anniversary! Musically, No World brought us some of the most anthemic heavyweights in Coheed's catalog and introduced many tunes that are still setlist favorites. This album was also the first full-length studio recording to be released after dramatic upsets rocked the Coheed realm in 2006, and in the hearts of fans this rock behemoth remains a testament to the band's pure resilience in the face of adversity.

Share your NWFT stories with us!

2. #2 Default  
    Although I had been listening to Coheed for many years before, this was the first of their albums I actually bought. Got the deluxe preorder that came with the shirt and happened to get it a few days before official release! This album was the slowest to grow on me, it was just so classic rock-y by comparison to their other albums at the time and not what I expected. Now it's one of my favorite albums, with the title track being one of my favorite Coheed songs of all time.
    I really love this album :)
    12/17/2006 Detroit (89x Stole Christmas) - 11/1/2007 Detroit - 8/21/2009 Detroit (W/ Heaven & Hell) - 5/5/2011 Seattle (SSTB Tour) - 9/16/2012 Chicago (Riot Fest) - 10/18/12 Fort Wayne - 2/8/13 Detroit - 2/9/13 Chicago

3. #3 Default  
    Damn. This doesn't even get a temporary sticky?

Edit: Whoops, soon as I posted that hahahahaha

4. #4 Default  
    This was my first Coheed and Cambria pre-order! I got the deluxe edition with the t-shirt and received it a day before the release. This is still one of my favorites because it grabs your attention right away. No World for Tomorrow (the track) remains one of my favorite Coheed songs :D
    As father told son in the make of his final escape should all good boys die with God at their side, at the grace of His gates?

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wall View Post
    This was my first Coheed and Cambria pre-order! I got the deluxe edition with the t-shirt and received it a day before the release. This is still one of my favorites because it grabs your attention right away. No World for Tomorrow (the track) remains one of my favorite Coheed songs :D
    Way to say everything I did, hahaha
    12/17/2006 Detroit (89x Stole Christmas) - 11/1/2007 Detroit - 8/21/2009 Detroit (W/ Heaven & Hell) - 5/5/2011 Seattle (SSTB Tour) - 9/16/2012 Chicago (Riot Fest) - 10/18/12 Fort Wayne - 2/8/13 Detroit - 2/9/13 Chicago

6. #6 Default  
    Grimes is offline Misery, I digress. No recourse, no remorse.
    I remember pre-ordering this bitch with the t-shirt with Chase and Sizer on it. Good times.
    l 4.30.10 l 8.23.10 l 4.08.11 l 12.03.12 l 10.31.13 l

7. #7 Default  
    Oh sweet nostalgia
    Slow Loud and Bangin

8. #8 Default  
    This was the first album I actually bought from them too. I think i started listening right between Good Apollo and this. I remember searching my house for a CD player so i could listen to it on my way home. I still consider it their peak and their best album as a whole.

9. #9 Default  
    I really like this album. I actually would take all the others over it, but that doesn't mean it isn't a stellar album. I just wish they'd change up the live tracks on tour. I would take The Hound or one of the EC tracks over the title track any day.

10. #10 Default  
    Syrvalis is offline Jimmy? Jimmy, is that you?
    I loved this album as soon as I heard it. After having previously gotten into GA:1 and IKS, this album further cemented Coheed as my favorite band. At the time I didn't really follow the band, so I had no idea of all the turmoil the band was going through during the time of this album. So unlike a lot of fans who were trying to study the differences between this and their previous albums, all I heard was a great bunch of songs.
    Jacksonville, FL 8/5/08 - Charlotte, NC 9/16/12

DropBox!

11. #11 Default  
    Lysander Spooner is offline Fuck the State. Fuck the Church. Fuck Capitalism.
    This was the first Coheed album that I bought at the time of release. I remember Mother Superior acoustic, the Running Free video premier, the youtube leak of The Hound. I remember sitting outside of VAL practice listening to the album with one of the our guitarists, and just jamming to this album that came shortly after a time when we didn't know if Coheed would exist.

Fucking awesome album.

The tracks I find myself listening to most frequently are NWFT, Feathers, Justice in Murder, Radio Bye Bye, and the End Complete.
    ‎"Claiming that the revolution can be made within the law is lunacy, is a contradiction. The law is a yoke, and one who wants to free oneself from the yoke must break it.”
    -Ricardo Flores Magón
    "All digital music, including the 9 demos will be delivered to you 24 hours early, on Sunday night at Midnight."

12. #12 Default  
    This is the first Coheed album that I was really involved in the whole release build up for. I got into them shortly after GA:1 came out. This album definitely has some anthems on it. I love cranking Gravemakers while driving. This whole album is just a great car album. At least, I think it is, lol.
    I don't want to see it all come crashing down, down in the ocean
    Altering the course
    Untangle this weight
    And send off the posions

13. #13 Default  
    I typed a whole story, but my tablet/internet ate it. Basically, this cd was my first. Then I bought the rest. Then I've preodered, deluxed, and special boxed as do my fellow children of the fence, including Inferno music. I am hooked and thrilled to find such a fantastic world of music and imagination in which to be lost. <3

14. #14 Default  
    RAISE YOUR HANDS HIGH!

One of the most fun tracks they perform live. Love when it comes up every time. It has everything I want in a live track. Great album, sometimes it doesn't get the respect it deserves. Even though it's their fourth best album, that doesn't detract from how amazing it is.
    5/27/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/28/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/2/11 - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 5/7/12 - Track 29, Chattanooga, TN; 5/12/12 - Bigou Theater, Knoxville, TN; 12/4/12 - Marathon Music Works, Nashville, TN; 2/4/13 930 Club, Washington, DC; 2/14/13 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 3/5/13 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA; 8/16/13 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketses View Post
    RAISE YOUR HANDS HIGH!

Great album, sometimes it doesn't get the respect it deserves. Even though it's their fourth best album, that doesn't detract from how amazing it is.
    This
    I don't want to see it all come crashing down, down in the ocean
    Altering the course
    Untangle this weight
    And send off the posions

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketses View Post
    RAISE YOUR HANDS HIGH!

One of the most fun tracks they perform live. Love when it comes up every time. It has everything I want in a live track. Great album, sometimes it doesn't get the respect it deserves. Even though it's their fourth best album, that doesn't detract from how amazing it is.
    So true, it is my 4th favorite album of theirs also.

***Coheed's worst album is still better than 99.99% of music on the radio and tv nowadays. These guys are pretty legit, as you all know.
    ONE-EIGHTY-FOUR, LET'S BURN IT DOWN!
    Co&Ca Fan since 2003 | Also a fan of:
    The Starting Line, New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Motion City Soundtrack
    My Blog:
    http://ryantanner.posterous.com "What Can I Say, That Can Explain..."
    Twitter: ​@Tnn3r

17. #17 Default  
    Yeah, they're alright. We should dedicate a site to them.
    5/27/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/28/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/2/11 - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 5/7/12 - Track 29, Chattanooga, TN; 5/12/12 - Bigou Theater, Knoxville, TN; 12/4/12 - Marathon Music Works, Nashville, TN; 2/4/13 930 Club, Washington, DC; 2/14/13 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 3/5/13 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA; 8/16/13 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

18. #18 Default  
    On the Brink leading into a Final Cut....mother fuckerrrr <3

I remember the day it finally came out and listening to it and thinking "OMG BEST COHEED EVER!!" It wasn't but like someone said earlier, it grabbed my attention right away and each song packs a strong enough punch that it's hard not to be fully immersed. Still ranks way up there, too.
    !

19. #19 Default  
    This was the album that came out right after I became a coheed fan. I remember listening to this so often, everyone around me would get annoyed. I also remember going through some really tough times and listening to mother superior, singing my heart out, and always feeling a little bit better.

I know this sounds cheesy, but coheeds music has been there at times no one else was, and that's why this album will always hold a special place on my heart.

20. #20 Default  
    it's without a doubt my least favorite, BUT... the anticipation for it was so so so crazy. I remember being on vacation and rushing to find a computer to listen to "The Running Free" when they released it on their Myspace...
    Check out my band, Audio Insight:

- www.facebook.com/AudioInsight

21. #21 Default  
    Favourite album ever.
    www.twitter.com/michaelcrisis

THE AFTERMAN - #15249

22. #22 Default  
    Saw my first 'Heed show right after this album had dropped. I remember jamming to it all the way from Memphis to New Orleans. And I remember going on vacation with my friend during the fall of that year and we were leaving from his house, but before we got on the road I forced him to stop so I could buy the deluxe edition at the record store, as I had forgotten to bring my copy and I simply couldn't spend a whole week without it.

I had just graduated high school earlier in the year and I was a freshman at U of M. All my close friends were leaving Memphis for different schools, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to keep my scholarship, there were a lot of family problems, I had a mohawk but I didn't know if it was really working for me LOL... just a lot of stuff. So the themes of uncertainty and perseverance really hit home for me. But despite how well I identified with NWFT, I wouldn't fully appreciate what a masterpiece it was until I watched performed front to back on the Neverender DVD, the passion of their performances during all those solos and the energy they created in the crowd gave me a better understanding of what they were going for, especially with On The Brink. HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!
    10/27/07 - New Orleans, 08/20/10 - Memphis, 05/06/12 - Memphis, 12/04/12 - Nashville, 10/29/13 - Memphis

23. #23 Default  
    This was the first album I bought from the band. I was immediately hooked on them from this album. I went on missions to find all the other ones in my area. I knew this band was something special after having listened to all the albums and knowing a bit about the story line. The songs are so powerful in this album, and even though this album is regarded as being one of Coheeds "mainstream" albums I think it is one of their strongest. Having shown us they can accomplish anything and that band problems or not, they stuck to it and prevailed. Such an amazing band to have to be able to get through all these tough times with in this album period and YOTBR. Ascension/ Descension is a new chapter for the band this album reflects to me the rough sails they went through only to come out on top.
    05/19/10 10/28/10 04/27/11 09/20/12 03/21/13
    What did i do to,to deserve all of you?
    The Afterman: Ascension #11865

24. #24 Default  
    I still find myself listening Radio Bye Bye, The End Complete and Justice In Murder every now and then despite the fact that I murdered this album with listens when I first got it.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

25. #25 Default  
    The entire of The End Complete still remains one of Coheed's finest moments in my eyes. While The Willing Well is no doubt astonishing, The End Complete just does a really nice job of "summing up" what Coheed is all about.

I don't consider No World my least favourite like a lot of people do (that goes to Second Stage), in my opinion it's a solid, hard-hitting record and On The Brink remains an incredibly poignant Story song for the band, which only increases in power the more they go back and fill in The Amory Wars.

Love this record so much.
    "Be excellent to each other..." | (The Afterman: #19602) | Twitter |
    04/02/2006|01/10/2007|08/02/2008|01-05/12/2008|24/06/2010|17/11/2010|08/11/2012

26. #26 Default  
    I think this is my favourite Coheed album. I just really enjoy it. Of course I love all the albums, but this one is so cool. I love The Hound, and Gravemakers and Gunslingers (especially the Neverender version). I listened the the Neverender version of this album every day on holiday in the Maldives for 2 weeks. Happy Birthday!
    Poor little Hound of Blood and Rank, who deserves every ounce of what's coming...

27. #27 Default  
    Can still remember nights staying up late watching music videos on FUSE, anticipated The Running Free and Shiny Toy Guns. Fantastic my first official Coheed release I was around for, I actually didn't like Coheed before this album, my brother got it day of and it quickly grew on me. The only song I liked before this was In Keeping Secrets. Fantastic album front to back my favorite song is probably On the Brink, absolutely lovely song. I wish more people liked this album, but oh well I listen to it all the time it's great. I'm starting to get sick of Mother Superior but that's probably because I've seen Coheed a lot this year, but it's still great every night.
    Iron Maiden concerts: 2008 Ohio/ 2010 Ohio/ 2012 Philly, D.C., Detroit
    Coheed Concerts: 2010 Michigan/ 2012 Kentucky, Rochester New York, Cleveland
    Ohio fans!

28. #28 Default  
    If it weren't for hearing the Running Free on the radio, I might've never gotten into Coheed. And that's an absolutely terrifying thought. I don't like NWFT as much as GA1 or IKS, but it's still a damn good album.

Believe in Number City

29. #29 Default  
    And now 5 years to the day of buying the CD, I am now officially a NWFT vinyl owner :D
    !

30. #30 Default  
    I found this their most accesible album, and still is to date. This was actually my 3rd Coheed album I bought, I began with Good Apollo after hearing Welcome Home and The Suffering, then moved onto In Keeping Secrets (which in my opinion, the album that took a good while to grow on me). Some could say that NWFT is almost too accesible, it's by far their most poppy album, the whole progressive and hardcore sound has been toned down drastically (bar a couple of songs), and in comes the incredible catchy hooks that really make this album shine. No World For Tomorrow still is an incredible song, it's just a barrage of intense guitaring, undeniably contagious vocal-lines, and "Raise your hands high" oozes that similar feel from the epic In Keeping Secrets "Man your own jackhammer!" chant.

Theres some truly amazing moments on this album, whether it's the wonderful vocal passages throughout Mother Superior, or the chuggy crashing of the guitars through the 'woah' section within The End Complete III, the album never fails to disappoint. Sure some songs may come as a mixed bag, and may not appeal to peoples tastes, but who honestly doesn't know every word to this album? I can listen through this and happily/subconsciously belt every lyric to NWFT, because it's so damn catchy!

Anyway, it still sits 5th in my list of Coheed albums, to me, every Coheed album is a great album, so even if it's in the bottom of the pile, I still love it to bits!

31. #31 Default  
    Couldn't wait for this to come out. I got sent two of the deluxe preorders and the vinyls. I remember thinking I scored until they hit my card for the second set. LOL. But i kept it and gave the CD to a friend. I love this album. Title track, Hound of Blood and Rank (not sure why this gets so much grief), The End Complete. Good stuff. I do remember being a tad disappointed with the cover. It just didn't depict the dark nature of the story as I saw it in my mind's eye. But then, I LOVED the artwork of GA1 and felt that hit the nail on the head so the contrast was jarring for me. I like it ok now and some of the interior illustrations are badass. Great album. And another October release. Coheed should always come out in October! Spring just doesn't fit this band. Haha.
    Oh, there's never enough Kool Aid for everyone...

32. #32 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by GPCoCaFan View Post
    I love cranking Gravemakers while driving. This whole album is just a great car album. At least, I think it is, lol.
    This. Cranking NWFT while driving, especially Gravemakers, is the best. I drive pretty long distances to and from work, so this album gets a lot of play time for me. I must say I wasn't a huge fan of it when it first dropped, but over time I'd say it's climbed to #2 for me, falling short of SSTB.

Seems like it doesn't rank too high for most Coheed fans, but after seeing them play it for Neverender, the power behind the album became really tangible for me. Since then it's seemed to me like band has quite a bit of love for it as well.

33. #33 Default  
    I bought this album with major relief in mind knowing that Coheed got through some tough times and that the album would reflect what they had been through....This is my 3rd favorite album..GA1 being NUMBER 1, Afterman #2. NWFT #3 SSTB#4 IKS#5 YOTBR#6 Coheed was the first record i ever bought with my own money when i was 13 at a virgin mega records...saw the dragonfly and said thats fuckin cool...(cause 13 year olds think its fun to cuss AND IT IS!) BEEN HOOKED EVER SINCE. bought every pre order to date and every vinyl The Afterman is the coolest deluxe edition so far no question! And yes NWFT was a great car album

34. #34 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nintend0nick View Post
    This. Cranking NWFT while driving, especially Gravemakers, is the best. I drive pretty long distances to and from work, so this album gets a lot of play time for me. I must say I wasn't a huge fan of it when it first dropped, but over time I'd say it's climbed to #2 for me, falling short of SSTB.

Seems like it doesn't rank too high for most Coheed fans, but after seeing them play it for Neverender, the power behind the album became really tangible for me. Since then it's seemed to me like band has quite a bit of love for it as well.
    GOTTA RESPECT SSTB!!!

35. #35 Default  
    I was extremely excited for GA1 before it came out. But I didn't care for the way their sound was going (don't hate me). And after losing Josh and Mic I was convinced that Coheed was soon to be no more, or at least that I would no longer be a fan. Luckily Mic came back and Hawkins did a great job as well. When this one came out I loved it instantly. It was still a different sound but I think I accepted that Coheed was never going back to the old sound (which is a good thing) and I was able to really get into this album right away. I blasted it all of that fall and winter. My friends and I used to drive to work (a haunted house) singing along to this. Great memories for this album. It might not be my favorite Coheed album but it doesn't has the best memories attached to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast