Thread: Remainder of Coheed's US fall tour rescheduled due to illness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1 Lightbulb Remainder of Coheed's US fall tour rescheduled due to illness 
    A statement from Claudio:

Hey everybody – I am truly devastated to tell you that I cannot perform tonight in St Louis and that we will be postponing all headline shows this week until after thanksgiving. After holding off last night, we felt confident I’d be good to go today, but I have spent all morning in a doctor’s office here in St Louis where they did a full evaluation on my throat just now and found some swelling that could possibly cause some long term damage if i continue without rest. I am flying back to NY tonight to see my normal doctor and get fully on the mend. I know this is a big disappointment, especially for those of you in St Louis - it really hurts us to do this, but it’s what we have to do.

We look forward to the rescheduled dates and hope you can understand the reasons for postponing.

-Claudio

Rescheduled dates are as follows

11/29 Kansas City– Midland Theatre

11/30 OKC – Diamond Ballroom

12/2 St Louis- Pops Nightclub

12/3 Springfield - Gillioz Theatre

12/4 Nashville - Marathon Music Works

Original tickets will be honored, more info to come.
    Full announcement: http://keywork.me/TNDofR

2. #2 Default  
    Oh man, I hope he gets better soon. I know it's frustrating for fans who were excited about the show. But it's gotta be really hard on the band too.
    Oh, there's never enough Kool Aid for everyone...

3. #3 Default  
    well at least i know for sure ill have my vip passes by the 4th lol.. seriously though get well soon!

4. #4 Default  
    I am one of the people affected by this and i have to say, I really want Claudio to get better. I'm glad to have him take a couple of nights off and reschedule my show to December 2nd. But im guessing the opening bands will change?
    December 15, 2007 - The Pageant, St. Louis MO / August 23, 2010 - The Pageant St. Louis MO
    April 30, 2011 - House of Blues, Chicago IL /
    October 21, 2012 - Pop's Nightclub, Sauget IL
    My Record Collection (So far): http://deadformat.net/tradelist/mitch5643

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5643 View Post
    I am one of the people affected by this and i have to say, I really want Claudio to get better. I'm glad to have him take a couple of nights off and reschedule my show to December 2nd. But im guessing the opening bands will change?

prob unless casey cancels some of his solo shows

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5643 View Post
    Maybe they'll do a longer set with acoustic opener? They were scheduled to do that on the Euro dates.

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    Maybe they'll do a longer set with acoustic opener? They were scheduled to do that on the Euro dates.
    knowing them im sure theyll throw something special out there

8. #8 Default  
    As posted in the actual show thread:

I couldn't be more devastated by this news. I'm happy that Claudio is getting the rest he deserves and would much rather have a good show than a potential damaging AND half-assed show. But the timing is heart breaking. Just about the only thing getting me through this week was this show.

The only real problem, though, is that it moves from a Saturday show to a Tuesday show. Being in Chattanooga and having TWO jobs (one in retail) an early december day off is not going to be easy to swing.

This is NOT me being ungrateful, as I said, I'd much rather Claudio save himself and get healthy, I just wish there was a way for it to still be on a Saturday. I'll find a way to get off (I'd quit my job to see this band) but man...this week is going to really suck, now...
    5/27/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/28/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/2/11 - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 5/7/12 - Track 29, Chattanooga, TN; 5/12/12 - Bigou Theater, Knoxville, TN; 12/4/12 - Marathon Music Works, Nashville, TN; 2/4/13 930 Club, Washington, DC; 2/14/13 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 3/5/13 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA; 8/16/13 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

9. #9 Default  
    GEEZ WHY IS EVERYONE WHINING ABOUT NOT GETTHING THEIR SHOW. THIS BAND DOES SO MUCH FOR YOU GUYS! TRY TO BE CONSIDERATE!

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketses View Post

This is NOT me being ungrateful, as I said, I'd much rather Claudio save himself and get healthy, I just wish there was a way for it to still be on a Saturday. I'll find a way to get off (I'd quit my job to see this band) but man...this week is going to really suck, now...
    I'd give your employers a head's up asap and see about doing some favors for others in the meantime. Pick up some shifts, switch yours around and work a weekend for someone if possible to make sure you get that date off.

11. #11 Default  
    Con-flu caught up to me too Claud. Didn't really affect me at all until being home for a few days. I'm just sweating the last bits of it out today, and I wasn't on tour singing my heart out every night. Get well soon brother.

12. #12 Default  
    I'd give your employers a head's up asap and see about doing some favors for others in the meantime. Pick up some shifts, switch yours around and work a weekend for someone if possible to make sure you get that date off.
    I'm already working on it. The big problem is the non-retail one, the 8-5'er monday through friday, but the benefits of following someone to another state for them to be your boss is...I got the date off.

It's the retail job that will be a problem, now...but I'm getting it off, I don't care what I have to do.

And again, I hope that "everyone whining" comment wasn't directed at me or anyone else in this thread...doesn't look like people are bitching yet...as a matter of fact, not one person has bitched about it in this thread. It's disappointing, but not the band's fault. The closest thing to "bitching" was people asking if the opening acts will change. Everyone else has some sort of "get well soon" attached to their comment.
    5/27/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/28/10 - 930 Club, Washington, DC; 5/2/11 - Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 5/7/12 - Track 29, Chattanooga, TN; 5/12/12 - Bigou Theater, Knoxville, TN; 12/4/12 - Marathon Music Works, Nashville, TN; 2/4/13 930 Club, Washington, DC; 2/14/13 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO; 3/5/13 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA; 8/16/13 Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheedsive View Post
    GEEZ WHY IS EVERYONE WHINING ABOUT NOT GETTHING THEIR SHOW. THIS BAND DOES SO MUCH FOR YOU GUYS! TRY TO BE CONSIDERATE!
    Who's whining?

14. #14 Default  
    I'm already working on it. The big problem is the non-retail one, the 8-5'er monday through friday, but the benefits of following someone to another state for them to be your boss is...I got the date off.

It's the retail job that will be a problem, now...but I'm getting it off, I don't care what I have to do.

And again, I hope that "everyone whining" comment wasn't directed at me or anyone else in this thread...doesn't look like people are bitching yet...as a matter of fact, not one person has bitched about it in this thread. It's disappointing, but not the band's fault. The closest thing to "bitching" was people asking if the opening acts will change. Everyone else has some sort of "get well soon" attached to their comment.
    It's probably either a joke or in reference to a couple jackasses elsewhere or last night on twitter.

15. #15 Default  
    Lol guys sarcasm. There's always one guy who comes Into a thread and bitches about people expressing mild complaints.

16. #16 Default  
    Gotcha...ha. My bad, then.

17. #17 Default  
    I actually couldn't be more happy about this (the rescheduling, not claudio being sick). This means he'll be on top form for December. I'm still excited, and hope that Claudio gets better as soon as possible.
    June 6th 2010: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Maryland Heights, MO
    Dec 2nd 2012: Pop's Nightclub, Sauget, IL
    August 26th 2013: The Pageant, St. Louis, MO

18. #18 Default  
    Get better soon Claudio (and everyone in the band that is sick)! Rescheduling a few tour dates is no big deal compared with your health and voice. One plus for us St. Louis folks is that we can now watch Game 7 of the Cardinals series tonight :)

Plus, the 3 shows I am going to (St. Louis, Springfield, Nashville) are now back to back to back. Pretty extreme!

19. #19 Default  
    My girlfriend couldn't make it to the show, so this should actually work better. I'd much rather Claudio get better than go out and suffer through a sub-par show. I'm sure they'll throw some extra stuff, like an acoustic set, in even though they really don't have to. Respect the band for being honest and upfront about everything.

Plus, now all the Cardinals fans in STL can watch us go to the World Series tonight.

20. #20 Default  
    It sucks that Nashville is now on a Tuesday instead of a Saturday. But I'd rather have a Tuesday show with Claudio singing well than a Saturday show where he's sick.
    Atlanta 4/23/10 | Nashville 8/22/10 | Atlanta 4/14/11 | Birmingham 5/16/12 | Nashville 12/4/12 | Atlanta 3/5/13 | Memphis 10/28/13 | Atlanta 10/7/14

21. #21 Default  
    As posted in the actual show thread:

I couldn't be more devastated by this news. I'm happy that Claudio is getting the rest he deserves and would much rather have a good show than a potential damaging AND half-assed show. But the timing is heart breaking. Just about the only thing getting me through this week was this show.

The only real problem, though, is that it moves from a Saturday show to a Tuesday show. Being in Chattanooga and having TWO jobs (one in retail) an early december day off is not going to be easy to swing.

I feel your pain, my wife and I took a week off of work and we live 7 hours away from nashville, already got a hotel for 3 nights and everything.
    Follow me on twitter @justiniawa

22. #22 Default  
    Glad Claudio had the good sense to stop before he damaged his throat. Get well soon!

23. #23 Default  
    This is a bummer. It's kind of good for me because now I'm going to swing 12/2 off to see them in St. Louis, but it's bad for people who were obviously looking forward to seeing them and now have to make sure they can still go. I'm just stoked because I'm almost certainly going to see them again before 2013.
    2 Jul. 2008 (Milwaukee, WI) / 13 May 2010 (Minneapolis, MN) / 14 May 2010 (Chicago, IL) / 23 Aug. 2010 (St. Louis, MO) / 10 Oct. 2010 (Milwaukee, WI) / 30 Aug. 2011 (Chicago, IL) / 11 May 2012 (Urbana, IL) / 20 Oct. 2012 (Madison, WI) / 09 Feb. 2013 (Chicago, IL)

24. #24 Default  
    Has anyone considered the worst? That this could be vocal nodes? Pray that its not... :[ For those of you who dont know what that means, it could mean the end of a singer's career. It is every singer's worst nightmare, if not treated properly, it can ruin your voice permanently. Get well Claudio. <3 Best wishes
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

25. #25 Default  
    i've was sick 2 weeks ago...i still have a nagging cough... colds and sore throats can be a bitch and i know it must suck having your show canceled but what would be worse... having a show canceled or going to it and having claudio sound like garbage?

edit: upon reading my post it made imagine coheed actually covering Garbage the band...i wouldn't mind seeing them cover a song like Special: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raRGn...6&feature=plcp video is scifi themed xD
    Last edited by tappers; 10-22-2012 at 01:05 PM.

26. #26 Default  
    So I hate to ask the obvious question, "If I can't go to the rescheduled date then will my tickets be refunded"? If anyone knows the answer tweet me @justiniawa

27. #27 Default  
    You know, I thought his voice was a tiny bit off on the webstream a week or so ago, but didn't think he was actually sick or anything. Hopefully he gets well soon.
    March 11th, 2013 | August 9th, 2013 | October 20th, 2013

28. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by adudetoremember View Post
    So I hate to ask the obvious question, "If I can't go to the rescheduled date then will my tickets be refunded"? If anyone knows the answer tweet me @justiniawa
    Yes, they are offering refunds for at least the 12/2 show.
    http://www.popsrocks.com/concerts/12...llPosition=336

29. #29 Default  
    Yes, they are offering refunds for at least the 12/2 show.
    http://www.popsrocks.com/concerts/12...llPosition=336
    thanks...my God I'm so heartbroken =( apparently rock Gods get sick too.

30. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambellina Ikkin View Post
    Has anyone considered the worst? That this could be vocal nodes? Pray that its not... :[ For those of you who dont know what that means, it could mean the end of a singer's career. It is every singer's worst nightmare, if not treated properly, it can ruin your voice permanently. Get well Claudio. <3 Best wishes
    Time for Travis to ascend to the throne...

Hope Claudio gets better.

31. #31 Default  
    I thought Claudio was already treated for vocal nodes?

And I bet it's just from him getting sick after NYCC and not getting enough rest before touring again. Josh said on Twitter everyone was getting sick.
    In my eyes I drown you

32. #32 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by n8lbs View Post
    Time for Travis to ascend to the throne...

Hope Claudio gets better.
    Oh god, no. Travis's singing voice is not good.
    Body separating, ascend and release.

33. #33 Default  
    Wow, this works so well for me... really sorry for the people who got kinda screwed by this though. I just got scheduled for surgery on my shoulder friday and the nashville show was saturday.... I was still gonna try and go but now I can wait and be good to go for december.

34. #34 Default  
    So sad.

I think Claudio could pull off a concert where he didn't sing at all, and just had the crowd fill in all of the vocals. That would be fun. Or they could play a 3 hour Final Cut solo and not have to sing at all.

35. #35 Default  
    As excited as I was to see Three, I would actually rather this anyway.
    10/27/07 - New Orleans, 08/20/10 - Memphis, 05/06/12 - Memphis, 12/04/12 - Nashville, 10/29/13 - Memphis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast