Thread: In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Anniversary Thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 Default In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Anniversary Thread 

On October 7, 2003, Coheed and Cambria released their sophomore album titled In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. Many long-time Coheed fans credit In Keeping Secrets as the work responsible for bringing them into the universe of Heaven's Fence, and this album remains a fan favorite nearly a decade later.

Show some love for In Keeping Secrets here!

2. #2 Default  
    Neverender: IKSSE3 2013
    That would be amazing

3. #3 Default  
    YES!!! My favorite of all time. It was my first and it will always remain the most special to me. May sound ridiculous, but I would not be who I am today without In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigmyst View Post
    Neverender: IKSSE3 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigmyst View Post
    That would be amazing
    I have been praying that this would happen ever since Neverender: SSTB was announced.
    10/27/07 - New Orleans, 08/20/10 - Memphis, 05/06/12 - Memphis, 12/04/12 - Nashville, 10/29/13 - Memphis

4. #4 Default  
    Listening to it right now. Can clearly remember the day it came out. Got a free t shirt too. Thought it was amazing from the first listen.

5. #5 Default  
    This album is just perfect!!! I remembering getting into coheed by summer 2002 with sstb, but when in keeping secret came out was the real deal, there i knew this would be my favorite band ever!!!! still remember how awesome was and still is listen to every single track of the album!!!!

6. #6 Default  
    Lysander Spooner is offline Fuck the State. Fuck the Church. Fuck Capitalism.
    Such a great sophomore effort, not all bands can improve upon initial success with such greatness.
    ‎"Claiming that the revolution can be made within the law is lunacy, is a contradiction. The law is a yoke, and one who wants to free oneself from the yoke must break it.”
    -Ricardo Flores Magón
    "All digital music, including the 9 demos will be delivered to you 24 hours early, on Sunday night at Midnight."

7. #7 Default  
    Happy birthday to the first Coheed album I ever bought!
    Would anyone like a banger in the mouth?

8. #8 Default  
    No sophomore slump here.

9. #9 Default  
    The Crowing is on now. Damn that will always be one of my top coheed songs.

10. #10 Default  
    If I had to pick a favorite Coheed song, it's Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow)

10/27/07 - New Orleans, 08/20/10 - Memphis, 05/06/12 - Memphis, 12/04/12 - Nashville, 10/29/13 - Memphis

11. #11 Default  
    Happy birthday to one of the greatest albums ever. I can't believe how large a part this band has been in my life for the past ten years

12. #12 Default  
    fap fap fap fap i love this album fap fap fap fap fap fap
    Go browns.

13. #13 Default  
    Happy birthday IKS! I remember hearing AFHA and Blood Red Summer on radio/MTV and was intrigued by this unique sounding band I heard. Now I label IKS as my favorite album (tied with SSTB recently), and cannot have a complete concert experience unless we rock out to the title track!

14. #14 Default  
    Without a doubt my absolute favorite album. I still get emotional each time I listen to it.

Patiently awaiting a Neverender: IKSSE3 announcement...

15. #15 Default  
    My favorite
    Slow Loud and Bangin

16. #16 Default  
    I don't really want to try and pick a favorite, but yeah, IKS live is awesome, just as the whole album is. It's probably the best out of all of them but it's hard to choose between SSTB and the GA volumes, too. And of course, the jury is still out on how good or bad - comparatively - the Afterman albums will be. We'll know soon enough, though.

Just think if they had a week-long Neverender combining all seven albums (I'm including Descension as its own album, even though we won't see it in full until next year). Wishful thinking, yeah, but it could happen. Figure SSTB and several one-offs (such as Someone That I Used To know, Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers) the first night. IKSSE:3 the second night, GA1 and GA2 the thrid night, YOTBR and more one-offs - such as Deranged - on the fourth night, then both Aftermans the last night. That''d be worth the hotel, airfare and everything else. I'd probably have to get a loan from my 401k to pay for it, but...
    "The strange will walk alone..."

WPB Sunfest 5/2/12; Gainesville @ Florida Theater 5/3/12; Miami Beach @ Jackie Gleason Fillmore Theater 3/8/13
    Afterman #16000; 9/19/14 - House of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL (Neverender: IKSSE:3)

17. #17 Default  
    Love love this album.

Don't really know what else to say, lol
    I don't want to see it all come crashing down, down in the ocean
    Altering the course
    Untangle this weight
    And send off the posions

18. #18 Default  
    cannot wait for the Neverender IKSEE3 i have convinced myself is happening
    Neverender SSTB blew my mind. This might just be better.

19. #19 Default  
    First album I ever purchased after hearing Coheed. It's the first time I was ever just blown away by a band.
    "It's gonna be a happy fucking musical."
    COTF #: 0429/3000
    Facebook: /zacharywalley Twitter: @MagicZack

20. #20 Default  
    MY FAVORITE FREAKING ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!! The Light and The Glass is my top favorite Coheed song. Happy Birthday IKSSE:3!
    Last edited by Chemist_VS_Thief; 10-07-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Just keep running Everything will look better once you look away.

21. #21 Default  
    Funny thing about this album...

SSTB (specifically Devil In Jersey City) is what turned me on to Coheed. For some reason I didn't really follow the band until GA1 came out, which turned out to be my favorite album. Which in turn, prompted me to look further into who these guys are. There I learned about the concept and IKSSE3.

While I liked SSTB and GA1 at the time, Three Evils was the song that truly sealed the deal for me. It was the first time I heard "...pull the trigger and the nightmare stops" that I became hooked. It was the first Coheed jam I really got addicted to, and I've been insane over this band ever since. Up to and including road trips, tattoos, and spending hundreds of dollars on preorders (I ended up with 6 copies of YOBR).

I'll be rocking out to this album all day, until midnight. Then it's Afterman city, and I'm the mayor. GO COHEED!
    ...so then I said, "Good Apollo? More like GREAT Apollo!"

22. #22 Default  
    Backend of Forever is my favourite song on that record and also Three Evils is amazing ! Such a beautifully crafted record and to me possibly the hardest CD to find when I was collecting all the records.
    05/19/10 10/28/10 04/27/11 09/20/12 03/21/13
    What did i do to,to deserve all of you?
    The Afterman: Ascension #11865

23. #23 Default  
    I don't know what it is about this record, but it really shines for me as a favourite. I feel like it covers more ground than any of their other records. It was actually during the build up to the release of Good Apollo 1 where I read that all of their albums were part of a story (in a Kerrang! article of all things), and being a big fan of concept albums I said to myself: "I have to get into these guys". I loved half of Second Stage, but the latter half didn't really do anything for me, but this record completely blew me away.

I feel like it's paced a little better than either SSTB or GA1. Good Apollo has some great songs, but it has too many "poppy" songs all bunched together, and all of the really proggy stuff is saved until the end with The Willing Well's and it creates a clear "first half - second half" which bogs it down in my mind, though not enough to hate it of course! IKS moves around a little more, and I don't think they've ever recorded anything that comes close to the goose bump feeling Backend Of Forever gives me. And The Crowing still stands tall as my favourite Coheed song. Amazing.

Ehh, I'm rambling, but yeah, great record.
    "Be excellent to each other..." | (The Afterman: #19602) | Twitter |
    04/02/2006|01/10/2007|08/02/2008|01-05/12/2008|24/06/2010|17/11/2010|08/11/2012

24. #24 Default  
    Last year in June my friend Josh and I decided we should start a band. We were talking about what we wanted to sound like and he started telling me about Coheed and Cambria (Me: That band with the singer who sounds like a chick?). He told me we were going to learn one of their songs to practice with. He played In Keeping Secrets and I thought it was pretty good, a little long, but still good. For the next hour I was in his room trying to learn the song. At some point it clicked with me and I become obsessive with learning it and just wanted more. IKSSE:3 was the first album I bought by Coheed and listened to it every day for a while afterwards. It's the one album by Coheed I almost know how to play in it's entirety, and I still love it.

tl;dr: My friend forced me to learn IKS and I became fanatical about Coheed.
    In my eyes I drown you

25. #25 Default  
    coo-coo-ca-choo
    08.05.2003 | 12.11.2003 | 07.23.2004 | 05.13.2006 | 08.27.2010 | 04.29.2011

26. #26 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by k-audio View Post
    coo-coo-ca-choo
    This :)
    Just keep running Everything will look better once you look away.

27. #27 Default  
    Blood Red Summer was the first Coheed song I ever heard. I remember my twin bro putting it on while I was laying in bed and I had to ask 'who is this?'. Weird how you remember a moment like that while others slip away.

28. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by k-audio View Post
    coo-coo-ca-choo
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist_VS_Thief View Post
    This :)
    What they said.

To be honest, this album is so good, there aren't really words to collectively say why. It is just solid. Every song on there is a 10/10.

The Ring in Return - Wow, just haunting. I love the way "Apollo" dialog is whispered at the end of the track; if you didn't listen to the record loud, you missed it. I think Coheed was secretly telling us to listen to it loud.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 - Does this really need an explanation? "Man your own jackhammers!" "Woah-oh-ohhhh, ohhhh-ohh-ohhhh" 'nuff said.

Cuts Marked in the March of Men - The riff is amazing. This is one of those tracks I can't explain, but it fucking rips. "In your last hour stand!"

Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow - "Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops!" Wow, powerful lyrics. I love that you break down what that is actually saying, WOW.

The Crowing - This is my favorite track on this album. I love the build up, and when it hits the bridge, MmmMmm, tasty. "Dear Ambellina! The prise wishes you, to watch over me!"

Blood Red Summer - Coheed pop-goodness. It is just genius, and the music video only made it better.

The Camper Velorium I: Faint of Hearts - Coo-coo-cachoo. The riff is delicious. "Did somebody take your tongue?"

The Camper Velorium II: Backend of Forever - This was a song I skipped for years and while listening on random, I didn't think about it playing. Woah, when the bridge comes, holy shit. The build up. "But this isn't love, so forever let it go, forever let it burn. But this isn't love, there on the backend of forever, I wish I would never hurt again." I love it.

The Camper Velorium III: Al The Killer - Creepy ass lyrics and "Die White Girls!" What else do you need? LOL.

A Favor House Atlantic - Another pop-goodness song that we all love, but we can't explain it. "Good eye, sniper. I'll shoot, you run!"

The Light & The Glass - The soft beginning, the mellow middle, and the inspiring, emotional ending. I love the lyrics in this song, especially the end: "Your father's dead, he passed in his sleep!" "Pray for us all" over the outro solo.

2113 - This song, to me, was Coheed's way of telling us all the direction they were headed in the future. This song could have been put right onto Good Apollo's Willing Wells. It was proggy goodness that seemed so ahead of their time.
    ONE-EIGHTY-FOUR, LET'S BURN IT DOWN!
    Co&Ca Fan since 2003 | Also a fan of:
    The Starting Line, New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Motion City Soundtrack
    My Blog:
    http://ryantanner.posterous.com "What Can I Say, That Can Explain..."
    Twitter: ​@Tnn3r

29. #29 Default  
    Bout to cry thinking about this. I feel old in the grand scheme of things. I was just thinking the other day about the first time a saw them on tv (back when fuse rocked). A favor house Atlantic was the first video I saw. Those boys were my heroes, and still are! Greatest band in history. When I leave this earthly plain, their music will usher me out.

Also, it's funny to see how much they've changed along the way! Hell, wasn't Chondra in AFHA?

30. #30 Default  
    You sir hit every nail on the head with this analysis! This album is the one to give to Coheed first timers!

31. #31 Default  
    I've been listening to Al the Killer loads recently, it's such an awesome track. I love the whole album though really, I haven't listened end to end in a while. Might be time to crack on the Neverender Night 2 DVD this evening!
    Poor little Hound of Blood and Rank, who deserves every ounce of what's coming...

32. #32 Default  
    First Coheed album I ever bought, and it blew me away. The title track gave me chills when I heard it for the first time, and it gave me the idea for an entire novel, and the rest of the album's just as incredible.

Haha, I was ten when this album came out, but didn't listen to it until I was 18. I didn't even know who Coheed and Cambria was until I was like 15. I did see the music video for Blood Red Summer though, when I was eating lunch at the Experience Music Project when I was about eleven. I just remember thinking "ew, blood and vampire things." Didn't know it was the same band who made The Running Free for a really long time after I heard of Coheed after listening to The Running Free on the radio.

33. #33 Default  
    'Tis a great day to be a fan :)
    12/17/2006 Detroit (89x Stole Christmas) - 11/1/2007 Detroit - 8/21/2009 Detroit (W/ Heaven & Hell) - 5/5/2011 Seattle (SSTB Tour) - 9/16/2012 Chicago (Riot Fest) - 10/18/12 Fort Wayne - 2/8/13 Detroit - 2/9/13 Chicago

34. #34 Default  
    Definitely my favourite album. I can still remember hearing Favor House Atlantic and In Keeping Secrets for the first time.
    Oh she's cracked, she's cracked, and where she's gone there's no coming back!

35. #35 Default  
    My favorite Coheed album. Not my first, was lucky enough to have the cover for Second Stage catch my eye at Hastings the day it came out, but easily my favorite. IKSSE stayed in my car stereo for a full year before I hit the eject button. Whenever someone asks why Coheed is my favorite band, I put this album on.

Side note: My first post after surfing the forums for years. And given the circumstances, incredibly appropriate.
    Paper cut my heart in half and discard the evidence.
    It drives me crazy that people are always comparing Claudio Sanchez to God. I mean, sure, he's great, but he's no Claudio.
    10-28-2007, 4-19-2008, 6-14-2009, 10-2-2009, 5-6-2012, 12-4-2012, 3-3-13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast