Thread: Second Stage Turbine Blade: Celebrating Ten Years

1. #1 Default Second Stage Turbine Blade: Celebrating Ten Years 

Coheed and Cambria's debut album Second Stage Turbine Blade was released to the world on February 5, 2002. Today in 2012, we celebrate the first ten-year album anniversary in Coheed history. Second Stage became an instant cult favorite and catalyst for success, launching the band we have come to love into the world of critical acclaim and underground fame. Give Second Stage a spin or two today as we reflect on Coheed's triumphant lifetime so far and give them our best for many years to come!

Share your stories, appreciation, and love with us here!

2. #2 Default  
    Great album. I wish I would have known the band back then but it still holds the same reputation as the first day I heard it. I wouldn't change ANYTHING about it.
    http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...0c.jpg%3Fv%3D0.
    "Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?"

3. #3 Default  
    This makes me feel old. :/ haha

4. #4 Default  
    Oh man.. This album just really hits the memories in my brain.. I will def be listening to this CD more then once today. Most people argue that IKS is the best CD of theirs, I have to disagree. SSTB is still my all time favorite, This is where it all began...
    "Hold up, Wait A Minute, Lemme get some Coheed in it"
    10/12/10-Fargo, ND

5. #5 Default  
    Congratulations to the band for achieving ten years !!!!! such an amazing album. listening to it right now :D I am so glad to be apart of this community of others who share the same love I show to a band whether it be for musical appreciation or the storyline. We are all Children of the Fence forever ! Here is to another ten years !!!!
    05/19/10 10/28/10 04/27/11 09/20/12 03/21/13
    What did i do to,to deserve all of you?
    The Afterman: Ascension #11865

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy1990 View Post
    Congratulations to the band for achieving ten years !!!!! such an amazing album. listening to it right now :D I am so glad to be apart of this community of others who share the same love I show to a band whether it be for musical appreciation or the storyline. We are all Children of the Fence forever ! Here is to another ten years !!!!
    Technically the band achieved their ten-year anniversary last year (thus the SSTB tour), but this is indeed the first ten-year release anniversary.

I feel so old right now, and so full of love.

7. #7 Default  
    Congratulations Coheed, and Happy ten years to SSTB. Such a great album, one of the best voices I've ever heard, the greatest guitars, and just straight up the greatest of beginnings to an amazing legacy. I love this band from the guitar riffs, to the vocals that capture my attention and my heart, the cryptic lyrics that keep you guessing. I am a Child of the Fence now and for ever. <3 Keep up the amazing work guys.
    Don't cry no more, boy. You've got the other side of your life, so enjoy. I'll move out the front door and take out your trash, But I'll no longer be haunting here, I'm not coming back.

8. #8 Default  
    Lurking in the dark recesses of your mind and soul
    10 years.... man, I remember listening to this album while riding the bus to school. Coheed completely changed my outlook on music in high school, and opened my mind to so many types of music. I don't think I would be the music junkie I am today if I hadn't discovered Coheed. It's too bad the weather's not unseasonably warm today like it was last week. I would love nothing more than to hop on 695 with my windows down and SSTB blaring, like I used to do on my weekend excursions from college... well, okay, my excursions from college were down I-97, but there were no comic shops along I-97.

Happy birthday Second Stage Turbine Blade!
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG (CLICKEH!)
    My YouTube Channel; check it out!
    nekostar99 (1:31:15 AM): jesus christ on a pogo stick juggling goldfish, wow is like crack man, and you're the top dealer

9. #9 Default  
    Sokka is offline Off with your costume, on with disease...
    Second Stage was the last album I heard by Coheed (started with GA1, then NWFT, IKS...) but now it's probably the most nostalgic for me when I listen to it. Can't explain the feelings I get when I hear that album but the importance it holds to me is immense. Such a great album. A classic.
    "Take The Veil" My acoustic project- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Take-T...3848539?ref=ts

10. #10 Default  
    Delirium Trigger is the one song off the album that can make me cry like no other. THat chorus at the end is the tear jerker for me. About 5 years ago I was living life terribly but when I heard this song I felt that he was pointing out all the wrong and was saying it's time to move on, it's time to live, it's time to lead. Come know me in a different light now, Come know me as God. And dammit, I'm in a whole new light living life to the end and letting people know who I am

11. #11 Default  
    Honestly can't believe it has been 10 years, it really doesn't seem that long. I remember it like yesterday when I first heard this album. Regardless Happy 10 Year Anniversary Second Stage, you and the band deserve it!
    We were stupid, we got caught....

12. #12 Default  
    mattyuk is offline Would you like some of the special stuff?
    Happy Birthday my dearly beloved.

13. #13 Default  
    Happy birthday beautiful <3

14. #14 Default  
    I would have been 11 when it came out, that makes me feel better about not hearing it immediately. Happy Birthday to a wonderful record though!
    Poor little Hound of Blood and Rank, who deserves every ounce of what's coming...

15. #15 Default  
    I was 10 when that album came out haha, didn't hear it until about 5 or maybe even more years later, but it's definitely a great album front to back. I'd personally rate IKS as my number one, but SSTB is such a close second... album is just perfect.

16. #16 Default  
    Congratulations to Coheed and SSTB! Here's hoping for another 10!

17. #17 Default  
    Yesterday as I drove to Columbus, I decided I would throw on SSTB...hadn't listened to it in awhile. And then I come on here today and see this! Kinda ironic.
    A little games website I am making...Sgt Wombat Studios

18. #18 Default  
    I was thinking about everything that could've happened if Claudio hadn't wrote 33, with that being the song that convinced Equal Vision to sign them.
    [URL="http://open.spotify.com/album/6qqcd3tO5iutWkFuaZgtGZ"]Spassm Ė The Penelope Rose[/URL]

19. #19 Default  
    Still the best.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

20. #20 Default  
    Great album. The tracks on SSTB are timeless, and somehow, do not get dulled by repetition. I have never found another band whose music I can say that about.
    Oh she's cracked, she's cracked, and where she's gone there's no coming back!

21. #21 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal Capone View Post
    I was thinking about everything that could've happened if Claudio hadn't wrote 33, with that being the song that convinced Equal Vision to sign them.
    Well, they wouldn't have gotten signed to Equal Vision. And that's it.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

22. #22 Default  
    As a somewhat more recent fan of Coheed (I started getting into them around 2008), Second Stage was the hardest album for me to get into. Maybe it was just because I was so used to mainstream rock and this idea of how music was "supposed to sound", but Second Stage seemed like amateur Coheed to me at first. As I got more and more into Coheed, and as I expanded my musical vocabulary in general, my appreciation for Second Stage began to grow. Seeing them play the whole album live last year sealed the deal for me. I've finally been able to get what makes it such an amazing album, and I try not to go too long without another listen to songs like Junesong Provision and Hearshot Kid Disaster.

23. #23 Default  
    SSTB has got to be my personal fav of all the Coheed albums so far... It has such an uplifting, beginning type feel to it. When I listen to that album, I can hear the begining of a legacy!
    Here's to 10 more years!!!

24. #24 Default  
    This album feels more like an adventure than a collection of songs. For me Devil in Jersey City and Delirium Trigger are musical masterpeices. I was rocking this album last night at work. It made my job suck that much less.

25. #25 Cool  
    Happy Birthday!

26. #26 Default  
    The first time I heard anything Coheed was when a local radio station played Favor House Atlantic back in 03'. I immediatley went to Best Buy and bought Silent Earth but discovered Second Stage sitting next to it. I bought both and the rest is history. My love of Coheed has translated into a strong connection with my long lost niece and nephew whom I met back in 2008. They are both huge Coheed fans as well and we've shared so many memories in relation to the band's music. Here's to another ten years!

27. #27 Default  
    Masterpiece.
    Mocked in perpetual lotion

28. #28 Default  
    I never ever end up listening to Coheed any more but i happened to listen to this album earlier and it is sooooo good.

29. #29 Default  
    i remember stumbling upon this record on Kazaa... yes, Kazaa. Came across the unmastered versions of the album (including the original acoustic version of Hearshot). Instantly fell in love, forced it on all my friends, and a few months later we were all at the Penny Arcade in Rochster NY to see the band tear the house down. Bought the legit CD at the table and have been die-hard ever since.

30. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan VanGelder View Post
    i remember stumbling upon this record on Kazaa... yes, Kazaa. Came across the unmastered versions of the album (including the original acoustic version of Hearshot). Instantly fell in love, forced it on all my friends, and a few months later we were all at the Penny Arcade in Rochster NY to see the band tear the house down. Bought the legit CD at the table and have been die-hard ever since.
    Nice to see you posting buddy <3

31. #31 Default  
    My favorite Coheed album. Love every song.

32. #32 Default  
    Their best. So complete as an album. The song structure.... just... everything...
    Check out my band, Audio Insight:

- www.facebook.com/AudioInsight

33. #33 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeConsumer View Post
    Their best. So complete as an album. The song structure.... just... everything...
    That album was pure uncut epicness. 10 years later and its still in my CD Changer. How many other CD's can do that!

34. #34 Default  
    idk why i didn't post here yet...still my favorite, it was the first one i heard and i always go back to it...
    "if you canít see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror."
    PEEP MY SOUNDCLOUD IF YOU WANNA GET ALL THE LADIES AND/OR MEN

35. #35 Default  
    Happy birthday to the album that launched my all-time favourite band to so many ears!
    Would anyone like a banger in the mouth?