Thread: Let's Get Coheed and Cambria on Rocksmith!

1. #1 Default Let's Get Coheed and Cambria on Rocksmith! 
    Lurking in the dark recesses of your mind and soul
    Just like the thread title says, let's try to get Coheed into Rocksmith! For those who don't know, Rocksmith is a guitar rhythm game made by Ubisoft, kind of like Rock Band and Guitar Hero. The difference, though, is that Rocksmith allows you to plug in ANY real guitar (well, any guitar that has an amp jack) and actually teaches you to play the guitar! The game comes loaded with 50 songs that it teaches you to play, and there is a regular stream of downloadable content. We all know that Coheed has killer guitar riffs, so they would be a perfect addition to this game/guitar trainer!

Rocksmith does have a forum site, but the developers seem to do most of their communication via the Rocksmith Facebook page. Let's put the word out there and get Coheed into this game!
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG (CLICKEH!)
    My YouTube Channel; check it out!
    nekostar99 (1:31:15 AM): jesus christ on a pogo stick juggling goldfish, wow is like crack man, and you're the top dealer

2. #2 Default  
    This would be COOL.
    Go browns.

3. #3 Default  
    More Coheed in rhythms games is a bad idea.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MonotoneMop View Post
    The Rock Band games are the reason I got into Coheed, and playing Coheed songs in Rock Band is part of why I now play drums, so I don't see your logic.

5. #5 Default  
    I don't see what's so bad about putting songs into a game that will actually teach the player how to play those songs. The whole point of this game is to get you to actually play the songs on a real guitar while simultaneously building guitar skills. Coheed's songs cover a wide array of guitar skills, which would inevitably support the game's overall goal while simultaneously making more people aware of Coheed.
    nekostar99 (1:31:15 AM): jesus christ on a pogo stick juggling goldfish, wow is like crack man, and you're the top dealer

6. #6 Default  
    Call me Cloud!
    Lurking Hard since 2006

7. #7 Default  
    All of that sounds awesome!
    Don't cry no more, boy. You've got the other side of your life, so enjoy. I'll move out the front door and take out your trash, But I'll no longer be haunting here, I'm not coming back.

8. #8 Default  
    POSTED ! :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it..." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

9. #9 Default  
    I would personally want Coheed to worry about making a new record rather than getting on these games.

10. #10 Default  

Stupid comment is stupid.
    It's mother fucking bagel time, bitch!
    Twitter|Facebook|Xbox Live

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzington View Post
    I would personally want Coheed to worry about making a new record rather than getting on these games.
    I don't think that us posting on a rocksmith forum to get downloadable content into that game interferes with the new record at all. They will be in the studio tracking, and after that promoting regardless of what us fans are doing. Getting a new single on that game would actually be a pretty cool way to promote the upcoming album.

I believe that this trying to get a track of their into that game is an awesome idea. I'm gonna get my post on.

Also, I don't see why someone would say that Coheed in rhythm games is a bad idea. I would guess that the person just doesn't want Coheed to get exposure to 'annoying' fans.

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by PurgeTheseDays View Post
    Stupid comment is stupid.
    It's no secret that the general fan consensus is that Coheed went downhill after Good Apollo 1. That was the last record before Coheed was featured in Rock Band. On a more personal note, if Coheed had never been in Rock Band, people wouldn't immediately say "Isn't that the guy with the girly voice?" every time I mention Coheed.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

13. #13 Default  
    It's no secret that the general fan consensus is that Coheed went downhill after Good Apollo 1. That was the last record before Coheed was featured in Rock Band. On a more personal note, if Coheed had never been in Rock Band, people wouldn't immediately say "Isn't that the guy with the girly voice?" every time I mention Coheed.

Good Apollo II came out a month before the first Rock Band game was released. Also, do you really think that their inclusion in Rock Band directed their sound?

Also, believe me, people saying "isn't that the guy with the girly voice" started WAY before Rock Band.

At the end of the day, Rock Band has helped expand the Coheed fanbase immeasurably. I'm sorry you don't like it.
    It's mother fucking bagel time, bitch!
    Twitter|Facebook|Xbox Live

14. #14 Default  
    Just bought Rocksmith...never played a guitar before....hoping to learn so I can play the songs I love!

15. #15 Default  
    I can personally attest as someone who only briefly listened to Coheed since IKS, playing Welcome Home in Rock Band got me even more interested in the band, which led to my love for everything they have done. Nothing wrong with them getting further exposure as the fans of everything will come and stay, and those who just like one hit here and there will still show up here and there whether they were featured in a rhythm game or not.

Nothing wrong with exposure, especially to lead up to a new album release (as Rock Band has done with DLC before YOBR).

16. #16 Default  
    Sweet! I'm glad to see this idea getting more support. If there's one thing that we've proven as Coheed fans it's that when we work together we can get things accomplished!

17. #17 Default  
    just posted
    posted on some song suggestions
    picked something from each album that even casual fans of coheed would know
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...669#5831016669
    Call me Cloud!
    Lurking Hard since 2006

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by PurgeTheseDays View Post
    Also, believe me, people saying "isn't that the guy with the girly voice" started WAY before Rock Band.
    This. Hardcore.

19. #19 Default  
    I could have sworn that NWFT was released after Rock Band. In that case, I renounce my opinion.

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by have you a little fairy View Post
    just posted
    posted on some song suggestions
    picked something from each album that even casual fans of coheed would know
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...669#5831016669
    Pretty good suggestions, although I'm not sure there would be a lot of people who could master No World. :P Then again, I probably just suck at the guitar.

21. #21 Default  
    lol maybe you are right
    maybe running free
    Call me Cloud!
    Lurking Hard since 2006

22. #22 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by have you a little fairy View Post
    lol maybe you are right
    maybe running free
    Gravemakers would probably be realistic, too. It would definitely give players a lesson in tapping.

23. #23 Default  
    this sounds like an absolutely wonderful idea. Though learning their songs may be difficult, it will also help with learning new techniques. now if I was to try to play this game...well...I just plain ol' suck at guitar xD But I will suggest this idea on their forums and facebook. Good idea to think of this
    "People don't always tell you what they are thinking...They just see to it that you don't advance in life"

24. #24 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by lhj208 View Post
    I don't think that us posting on a rocksmith forum to get downloadable content into that game interferes with the new record at all. They will be in the studio tracking, and after that promoting regardless of what us fans are doing. Getting a new single on that game would actually be a pretty cool way to promote the upcoming album.

I believe that this trying to get a track of their into that game is an awesome idea. I'm gonna get my post on.

Also, I don't see why someone would say that Coheed in rhythm games is a bad idea. I would guess that the person just doesn't want Coheed to get exposure to 'annoying' fans.

I suppose you're right. It's a pretty neat game..My fiance got it for me for Christmas..Works quite well.

25. #25 Default  
    This is a great idea, and I might actually have to go and PLAY Rocksmith if that's the case.

26. #26 Default  
    yeah, I've been taking too many arrows to the knee lately to buy/play this game

27. #27 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    yeah, I've been taking too many arrows to the knee lately to buy/play this game
    Understandable. Skyrim is pretty awesome.