Thread: The Amory Wars: Fall of the Keywork

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default The Amory Wars: Fall of the Keywork 
    From WatchPlayRead:

Children of the Fence, there’s not much to show you in the ways of screenshots or anything, but if you’re headed to SDCC next week, make sure you stop by booth #1031 to not only check the game out, but to pick up the latest trade of The Amory Wars: In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.

Oh and Claudio will be there with Evil Ink Comics and BOOM! Studios to chat and sign stuff.

Back to the game. It’s being developed by Man vs Games for the iOS platform and will be available later this year. I wish I had more detail, but I’m just happy to say that the series that I love is getting its own game.

I can only hope that it fares better than the app that was developed for The Traveler. Knowing Claudio and the crew at EIC, they won’t allow anything bad to carry the name of Amory Wars.
    Read the original article here. More details to follow!

New from Man vs Games:

Head on over to check out the full article.

2. #2 Default  
    One step closer to the film!
    It's tough, it's hard. Sounds like my dick!

I Survived Neverender NYC.
    16 Coheed shows and counting...

3. #3 Default  
    this is amazing news! day one purchase for sure
    Official Child Of The Fence #2071/3000

Shows: 11/27/2007, 2/6/2009, 8/28/2009, 3/29/2010, 5/17/2010, 9/4/2010, 4/25/2011, 9/28/2012...

4. #4 Default  
    god, please don't make it horrible...
    "if you canít see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror."
    PEEP MY SOUNDCLOUD IF YOU WANNA GET ALL THE LADIES AND/OR MEN

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdoesyourpenfall? View Post
    ^ This! :D

Anyways, this could be greeeaaaaat, or this could be absolutely terrrrrrrible. Im hoping for the former! I do wish it was being made on a different platform though.

6. #6 Default  
    ... Hell... Yeah.

7. #7 Default  
    i agree but to make it a full console release would be a HUGE gamble on the part of whoever is developing it. if its good and does well maybe it will get more interest and then a shot at a console release. thats a big if tho.
    Official Child Of The Fence #2071/3000

Shows: 11/27/2007, 2/6/2009, 8/28/2009, 3/29/2010, 5/17/2010, 9/4/2010, 4/25/2011, 9/28/2012...

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil52390 View Post
    i agree but to make it a full console release would be a HUGE gamble on the part of whoever is developing it. if its good and does well maybe it will get more interest and then a shot at a console release. thats a big if tho.
    Maybe just make it available for the PC then?

9. #9 Default  
    Ah, yeah. Thats right. Regardless of whether other versions are released, I just hope this one goes over well!

10. #10 Default  
    Oh God...
    Body separating, ascend and release.

11. #11 Default  
    Wow, I can't believe it's finally happening. I'm making the assumption that it's gonna be based off of the IKSSE3 series consider the timing, which sounds amazing to me!

I know we only have a week to speculate anyway, but a quick search on the Apple Store shows that Man vs. Games haven't created any apps yet. Followed by a quick google search on the name, brings up the following...

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/832...-Fighting-Game

Posted at the end of March, and with the little data available matching up, this is probably our Amory Wars game. So a 2d fighting game, eh? I'm happy to be getting *any* Amory Wars game, but I would have been a bit happier with a platformer or fps of some kind. But who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be a platformer styled fighting game (anyone remember the Final Fight series?) after all?

Regardless, I'm very happy to be getting this, and even if the team behind it turns out to be terrible, at least I'll finally have an Amory Wars game to play! :)

12. #12 Talking Awesome. 
    Aw man this is great news, a few friends and I have started a small games development company and after we had a decent portfolio we were thinking about approaching the guys and saying to them that we would be happy to work on an Amory Wars game. We went through a chunk of ideas, one of my favourites was the desktop tower defence game we came up with called, Children of De-Fence :D

haha, all things aside I'm glad things are getting a move on and maybe this app will score Coheed some new fans.
    Constructive criticism? Don't fuck it up chaps (and chappettes?) :)
    Best of luck and stuff,
    - Jamie Smith.
    - Jamie Smith.

13. #13 Default  
    Very good news for The Amory Wars. If this is good it will draw more attention to the comic. Let hope it doesn't suck... because I'm honestly not sure how well an amory wars game would work...
    He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor... Stood up to the man and he gave him what-for... Our love for him now ain't hard to explain... The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdoesyourpenfall? View Post
    There has to be a movie, and Peter Jackson should direct it.

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by disaster_octopus View Post
    There has to be a movie, and Peter Jackson should direct it.
    no. i feel zac snyder would do the special effects/fighting scenes better

16. #16 Default  
    If this doesn't come out for Android, I will cry.
    Atlanta 4/23/10 | Nashville 8/22/10 | Atlanta 4/14/11 | Birmingham 5/16/12 | Nashville 12/3/12 | Atlanta 3/5/13

17. #17 Default  
    i completely agree with waffle, fuck the iphone and damn the ipad straight to hell, this should come out for droid or the computer, actually, scratch the droid, putting this game on a phone would be a disgrace to all coheed fans as it will only be a fraction of what it could and SHOULD BE

18. #18 Default  
    Sounds cool. Just wondering what kind of game it would be....
    "How come someone hasn't noticed that I'm dead and decided to bury me. God knows, I'm ready."
    "No amount of sound could make us fade the way you're fading now. When will you fade out."
    "They say, 'Oh, lord, the devil went down to a deep, dark lake, where my body lay drowning held me under the sea, and I point to the river like the ocean was my body.'"

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffle1177 View Post
    If this doesn't come out for Android, I will cry.
    Like fuzzy said, putting this game out for any phone would be a disgrace. Do it properly, put it on the PC.
    Oh she's cracked, she's cracked, and where she's gone there's no coming back!

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
    Like fuzzy said, putting this game out for any phone would be a disgrace. Do it properly, put it on the PC.
    I'd definitely prefer it on PC, but seeing as it's being developed for iOS, an Android release seems more likely.
    Atlanta 4/23/10 | Nashville 8/22/10 | Atlanta 4/14/11 | Birmingham 5/16/12 | Nashville 12/3/12 | Atlanta 3/5/13

21. #21 Default  
    There is absolutely zero chance you'll see an Amory Wars game on consoles.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

22. #22 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MonotoneMop View Post
    Really now? Are you sure about that? Are you familiar with Xbox Live's "Indie" section? A lot of iOS/Droid devs also have the XBL DK, and the market for high quality indie titles on Xbox is ever expanding. What makes you so sure the game wouldn't be ported or re-designed for Xbox and available on the marketplace?

Do I think there will ever be an Amory Wars hard (disc) copy game for consoles? No. But the possibility of having a digital distribution deal through the XBL marketplace is actually pretty high. (Depending on how successful the game is in other formats)
    "Think of all the things you did before, write them in a letter that says reborn."
    http://thenewmadison.wordpress.com/

23. #23 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachaus View Post
    Really now? Are you sure about that? Are you familiar with Xbox Live's "Indie" section? A lot of iOS/Droid devs also have the XBL DK, and the market for high quality indie titles on Xbox is ever expanding. What makes you so sure the game wouldn't be ported or re-designed for Xbox and available on the marketplace?

Do I think there will ever be an Amory Wars hard (disc) copy game for consoles? No. But the possibility of having a digital distribution deal through the XBL marketplace is actually pretty high. (Depending on how successful the game is in other formats)
    I meant as a disc. As an indie game, yes it's very plausible. When somebody said "Full Console Release" i assumed they meant like a full-scale disc-based release.
    "Im a ligttlre drunk butr f yea Id lo9ve a coheed cheek wed bone for eternity. EVen if she looks like a TEN TON TRUuUUCk" -CoheedKonPFI

24. #24 Default  
    "The Amory Wars game in development"

Oh sweet, a game!

"For iOS"

Oh, so like, not a real game. Okay.

Xbox Live Marketplace. Playstation Network. Steam. Whatever the hell Nintendo has.
    This song is called: "It's a metaphor, fool!"

25. #25 Default  
    I meant as a disc. As an indie game, yes it's very plausible. When somebody said "Full Console Release" i assumed they meant like a full-scale disc-based release.
    I mean, an actual disc release is possible. The only thing is they'd have to get the comics way more widely known. If the series were actually to become a film, that'd push for a full blown, professionally made, widely released game to be made. But yet again, before the film can be made, more readers are needed.

26. #26 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinstarvirus View Post
    I mean, an actual disc release is possible. The only thing is they'd have to get the comics way more widely known. If the series were actually to become a film, that'd push for a full blown, professionally made, widely released game to be made. But yet again, before the film can be made, more readers are needed.
    Go Watch Thor.

Now Play the Game based on the movie.

27. #27 Default  
    There's a lot that needs to be done before a film can be made. I honestly don't think we'll see a full scale movie of the series, I really think it'd go the direction of animated shorts or something of a similar scale. Hopefully the game goes well because if it doesn't they might not want to cross into any other mediums. Thankfully the novel did well so they can continue down that path along with the comics.
    She laced her perfume up with death
    I can feel it in my lungs
    So I'll pull in the deepest breath
    And drop my head

Facebook

28. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matr1cks View Post
    Go Watch Thor.

Now Play the Game based on the movie.
    Never did I mention the word "GOOD" when I said a full-blown, disc videogame was possible.

29. #29 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by twentyonethirteen View Post
    "The Amory Wars game in development"

Oh sweet, a game!

"For iOS"

Oh, so like, not a real game. Okay.
    Yeah, disappointment of the day right there. That was the quickest I've ever gone from excitement to disappointment.

30. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinstarvirus View Post
    Think of all the properties that would take precedence before The Amory Wars that don't have movies. The Halo movie was never made, as an example. It's just such a stretch to see some of these things actually happening.

31. #31 Default  
    I recall when some other dude was trying to start this up and it went NOWHERE but this sounds legit. Any chance its a community based open source thing and I could get involved? Or is it gonna be pay to play? Sorry tl;dr all posts if this was already covered.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Also, yea, iOS is a pretty poor decision in my book ( not based on any fanboyness whatsoever). However, you could easily develop for windows and xbox in one shot (and port to linux without to much difficulty). Literally. A game that will be obscure to begin with only being supported on a platform with significantly smaller market share/user base seems an odd decision imo. Internally there is a probably a reason for it though.

32. #32 Default  
    Anyone see it at Comic-Con yet? The website said there'd be a sneak peek of some sort...

Anyway, a bit disappointed it's an iOS game, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe if the devs make enough money off it they can work on a more substantial game for XBLA, PSN and Steam.

In fact, Coheed's on Columbia, who are owned by Sony. Why not get in touch with SCEA and see if they can get in on the indie game Pub Fund?

33. #33 Default  
    Anyone see it at Comic-Con yet? The website said there'd be a sneak peek of some sort...
    Coheed shows I've been to: Warped Tour 2007 Orlando, FL.---HOB Orlando FL. 11/19/07----HOB Orlando,FL. 8/8/08--- NEVERENDER NYC 10/22/08-10/25/08---All Hope is Gone Tour 2/19/09---HOB Orlando FL. 4/24/10---Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles 8/12/10---Neverender:SSTB 4/15/11---Earthday Birthday Orlando, FL 4/16/11---Gainesville,FL 5/3/12---Tallahassee,FL. 5/15/12---Orlando, FL HOB 3/7/13---St. Petersburg, FL 5/25/13
    "Oh save me from deafeat again, this is war!"

34. #34 Default  
    I found this whilst snooping around the interweb:
    Background Artist Wanted For 2D iOS Game [Man Vs. Games]

A side note, which characters do you think will be playable?

Claudio (duh)
    Coheed (obviously)
    Cambria (you know it)
    Jesse (most likely)
    Mariah (Can't have one without the other!)
    General Mayo (What's a game without a playable cyborg?)
    Tri-Mage Ryan (I sure as hell hope so)
    Al the Killer (This is starting to looks sweet)
    Ambellina (Okay, awesome!)
    Chase (No wait, THIS is awesome!)

Yeah I'm thinking this will be sweet.
    Last edited by Pleasance13; 07-28-2011 at 09:04 PM.

35. #35 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleasance13 View Post
    I found this whilst snooping around the interweb:
    Background Artist Wanted For 2D iOS Game [Man Vs. Games]

A side note, which characters do you think will be playable?

Claudio (duh)
    Coheed (obviously)
    Cambria (you know it)
    Jesse (most likely)
    Mariah (Can't have one without the other!)
    General Mayo (What's a game without a playable cyborg?)
    Tri-Mage Ryan (I sure as hell hope so)
    Al the Killer (This is starting to looks sweet)
    Ambellina (Okay, awesome!)
    Chase (No wait, THIS is awesome!)

Yeah I'm thinking this will be sweet.
    i wouldn't get too carried away here...

i feel like it's gonna end up being an Amory Wars themed version of Angry Birds...
    "if you canít see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror."
    PEEP MY SOUNDCLOUD IF YOU WANNA GET ALL THE LADIES AND/OR MEN

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast